electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Musical Interfaces
Keystation 49e problems
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Ranialat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Keystation 49e problems
Subject description: is there any final solution for this?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Audios ! well i have a question for you, i have kestation 49e since 2004 it never gave any problem, but now its giving me problems, mostly it use to stop responding while playing or when am in a middle of a session , i tried different cables but didnt worked,i tried every other method mentioned by support articles but failed to get a solution , i tried another computer and same problem exists, can you explain whats going wrong.
My DAW is samplitude and my soft synths are legacy collection M1 ,wavestation and one thing i also noticed that while playing with these soft synths as stand alone my keyboard stops responding suddenly also ,Just want to add again and a bit extend that whatever methods are found in help or FAQ with M-Audio help and supporting articles ,none of them are either working nor long lasting, because most of there solution is in many cases is to unplug the midi controller and restart the computer, well even it works sometimes without restarting the PC but just imagine that isn't annoying to restart dozens of time and unplugging also, while composing music.This problem is existing in both of my computers , a laptop with win7 and desktop with Xp sp3, woops...Neutral mouse clicks always working fine.
Well i hope some body can help me.
As for me i think that i have to take some newer model of midi controller ,but in mean time am afraid that what will gonna happen next? A Roland and nothing else. hope to get a reply from you being a keystation user
thanks
Dan Lavin

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to meet you Ranialat!
Are you having problems with the USB data or the Midi output or both?
There is not much to service/fix on these keyboards. It sounds like a system problem. Have you changed the power supply recently? Perhaps the keyboard is not getting an appropriate voltage or current amount.

Ranialat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Keystation 49e problems
Subject description: is there any final solution for this?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to know you also, well no just midi only, usb data is doing best, but only the problem is with midi only, no nothing hardware related change, because am using it with my new samsung laptop 540, more over thats in my home but mean time i have a dell desktop Pc and strange that same story of problems are with desktop also.Would u like to agree to the point that its a problem with keystation 49e ?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Ranialat to electro-music.com

If USB works OK, then it is possibly a problem with the MIDI connector. Could be that the MIDI out plug is worn and it is losing contact. I would first try to spray some color TV tuner cleaning spray, or electronic contact cleaner, into the pins. Maybe there is a bit of dirt or corrosion on one of the pins. If that doesn't help, you maybe should try replacing the MIDI jack.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dan Lavin

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just repaired an "old" digital 4 track where the board was a combination of smd components and through-hole connectors. The solder to the connectors had broken in a few spots because it was so thin and the connectors take a lot of force. A thorough hand soldering around the connector terminals to the pcb did the trick.

So check out the traces around the midi connector and see if there are any cracks...they could be very tiny cracks.

Ranialat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: mosc Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Mosc for god sack first read again my thread, which is confirmed and get out of worn plugs and pins etc.............Sad
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Musical Interfaces
Jump to: