electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
OSX Nord Modular editor... finally works!!!
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rynoi5e

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: OSX Nord Modular editor... finally works!!!
Subject description: Solved timeouts!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm a newer NM user. And when I told the dude I bought it from that I was running OSX, he almost went pale... "it'll never work!" he said. (well, maybe not quite that dramatic, but you get the idea).
At first, I thought maybe I should've heeded his warning, the editor kept losing contact with the unit (apparently a very common problem), and I couldn't get nomad to work at all. I researched hours and hours online for every little tip and workaround, to no avail.
The other day though, I had an epiphany. I realized that contact was lost every time I turned a knob in the editor, so I had an idea: what if, everytime I wanted to edit a parameter, I just set it to a knob on the unit, I could always change it later. The solution seemed so simple, too simple... but it worked! The other night, I happily edited patches for hours without having once to quit/restart the editor!
Bear in mind, this is with the original editor only. I still can't get nomad to even recognize the unit, but at least I've got one up and running. Hopefully this isn't just old news, and it'll help someone else.
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to the electro-music forum, Rynoi5e Exclamation

Hey, it looks like you may have found a good workaround for the lost contact problem – great work!

Now have lots of fun with your NM… Cool

nomay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know, I'm a broken record about this, but I would love to hear from anyone who has nomad working with a NM1 using Lion. I also can't even get to 1st base.

I actually just installed windows on my mac and am looking forward to trying the Clavia PC editor version as well.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: