electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Thank you to electro-music.com for the Sound Lab Forum
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
adhdboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Thank you to electro-music.com for the Sound Lab Forum Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy I'd like to thank electro-music.com for providing a forum for the Sound Lab. To me the Sound Lab is a project to give people their first taste of mixing two oscillators, playing with a filter, modulating frequencies, cut-offs, and volumes, listening to the play of two sounds slipping around when they are just slightly out of time. I still remember the great feeling I got the first time I got a synth circuit to do something. As one of the people who built the project wrote to me and said... "it's way more fun than watching television." If the Sound Lab is helping spark people's imaginations and creativity then it has met all of its design goals.

Music From Outer Space

Thanks again electro-music.com

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

Welcome! This is great!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you to electro-music.com for the Sound Lab Forum Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adhdboy wrote:

Music From Outer Space

Quote:
Many ideas for the VCO, VCF, and Analog Keyboard Controller circuits came from Hal Chamberlin's seminal work (affectionately acronymed MAM): Chamberlin, Hal. Musical Applications of Microprocessors, 2nd ed. Rochelle Park NJ: Hayden Book Co., 1985. which is unfortunately out of print

I happen to have that book Very Happy
Great site Exclamation

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer

Last edited by seraph on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just to let you know that musicfromouterspace.com was added to the links page under: Resources>Audio Resources
Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great to have you here, Ray. welcome

I hope people who build these projects take advantage of the forum, not just to exchange information about building these, but about how to compose music with them as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alex_D_Steak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi from an italian new member!

Nice to see that Ray's works have a discussion place in cyberspace!

Ciao from Italy
Alex
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Ray...from another mile-high member!

I plan on getting one of your DIY synths soon, once I get some time to enjoy doing it rather than squeeze it in Smile

Any other projects brewing? I do a bit of design out here also, mostly digital though (not software). Let me know if you ever want to work on something new.
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

neat. add another electro-music.com member to your future customer's list. I wanted to build one of these since I first saw the board, and a friend of mine coincidentally found it and wants to build one too. When he moves back to my area in a month or so, we plan to build a couple together. We will make use of this forum as that develops.
adhdboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My son is getting ready to build one. I consider that an achievement if he finds it interesting enough to do it. Regarding new projects yes check my site from time to time I keep adding to it and I'm offering new boards too.
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com

Cheers

adhdboy

paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Everyone, especially to adhdboy Very Happy
paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot... thank you very much mosc for this great oportunity!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are welcome. Don't forget, you can post photos and smallish mp3 files here if you wish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
adhdboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all

I posted a cool mod for the Sound Lab. A Sample and Hold circuit which is a nice way to generate some voltage changes that can be used to control the synth to create repeating or random patterns of notes.

There is a link to it on the main page of:
Music From Outer Space

I noticed that the site was not responding this morning. It looks like LunarPages is not off to a good day which is a very rare event. I'm sure they will have it fixed in no time so please be patient. Embarassed

adrianopy2qa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Muito obrigado ! (Thank you !) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for being here Mr. Wilson!

from Carlos Adriano in Brazil.

gbsr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive been eyeing this for quite some time now, and i will buy one eventually, but just for reference. exactly how hard is this thing to build?

i generally just circuitbend things (rarely ever replacing components, mind you), so i figured it was time to start building things from scratch etc.
still quite in the "put-that-book-on-the-pile-of-things-todo-list" stage at the moment, although ive actually started cleaning my workbench now anyways ^^.

and also, how hard is it to modify after its been built? ive seen a few circuitmods to it that adds some pretty interesting things anyways.

Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Ray, your awesome. I just finished some modules feel free to pull the pics for you Pictures page. Keep the fantastic circuits coming.

too much fun

crazeydazey

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow rays, here..

I've got to say hello, it's just an honour to be in one of your posts, your the dude ray.

I've made the WSG.. LOVE IT!!
and nearly finished the Soundlab, and will no doubt end up building most of the things your selling PCBs for (I just like collecting the pens really Laughing )

It's all thanks to your site I got into SDIY in the first place..

Keep them cool circuits coming...
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: