electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Electro music, drugs, mental illness, and gardening
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uncle Krunkus wrote:

My interest in alchohol has totally nose-dived lately.
But I don't think I'll ever give it up compleletly. It was my first and true drug love. Ohm...

I think I must be some kind of Mutant... I have never cared for alcohol at all!!! I wish I liked beer, because my son brews his own & I'm sure it would be fun to taste it. An awful lot of social conversation is based around wine or other 'spirits' and I feel like an outcast being out of the loop.

Now if only they had Coffee- or sugar-tasting events!

Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I brew my own beer as well.
And I have brewed some very nice beers!
But the problem is that I just drink them ALL!!!! Laughing
Some of them don't even make it out of the fermenter! Laughing
Makes me wonder whether I should just take some time off from alchohol. Gets me in trouble all the time. Even if just with myself!
Anyway,... The power's in the present, or so they say.

audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

laura woodswalker wrote:

hey, we should do that at E-M... a shame to go to a beautiful mountain resort and spend 3 days indoors....

What would totally be the bees knees is to do that powered by Teslsa's ideas for electrical distribution.

audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JingleJoe wrote:

I almost feel guilty admitting I suffer from depression. I do, the doctor said so first many years ago and not much has changed, infact things often get worse, but I keep thinking that my problems are invalid or insignificant but they aren't. There is this desperate part of me saying "no, no they aren't, this is genuine damnit!". Anyone ever heard of cassandra syndrome? Anyways my depression is often a driving force for creation, I just get so god damn sick of all this ordinary crap, this shit normal music I want to punch it into the god damn ground with the weird, fantastic, harsh and incredible sounds my devices can make, fuck 'em all, squares on both sides I AM THE ONLY COMPLETE MAN IN THE INDUSTRY!

I have a copy of Bruce E. Levine's "Surviving America's Depression Epidemic". It is a great book about being different and living in a world that views differences as something to treat with state/corporate-sponsored drugs.

I, too, sometimes have feelings of "I am the only". Then I come here and find people who disprove that. Smile

audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uncle Krunkus wrote:
The other night I listened to a great talk-back session on ABC Radio National, inviting people to talk about illicit drugs in Australia.
I didn't call up, but I did add to the online discussion on their forum.
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/the-highs-and-lows-of-illicit-drugs/4044874
BTW I don't mind any of you knowing that, I'm Gil. Cool

My take on "illicit" drugs is that there's no logical reason for any mind-altering, plant-derived substance to be "illegal", except for the unethical purpose of government control over the people. Someone choosing to take enough of any drug that death results is a tragedy, not a crime. Someone wanting to alter his consciousness should be educated and guided, not locked up. And your consciousness is your own - nobody else has any right to decide what you do with it. Since a desire to control is a form of fear, this begs the question what is the government afraid of?

It all borders on hysteria in my mind. In this country, we treat criminals like kings and people who are of no harm to anyone else like criminals.

And this from someone who has never consumed an "illicit" substance in his life.

audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

laura woodswalker wrote:

I think I must be some kind of Mutant... I have never cared for alcohol at all!!! I wish I liked beer, because my son brews his own & I'm sure it would be fun to taste it. An awful lot of social conversation is based around wine or other 'spirits' and I feel like an outcast being out of the loop.

Now if only they had Coffee- or sugar-tasting events!

Nah. I'm not crazy about beer, either. Give me the liquid candy, I say! But regardless, more than a small amount gives me an unpleasant buzz, so I hardly ever partake.

Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tesla was actually a very underated genius.
I recently read his biography, "The Man Who Invented the 20th Century", can't remember the author.
I've seen footage of people standing under high tension power poles with flouro-tubes between their hands,.. glowing,...
Tesla new some pretty heavy shit! Shocked

elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think I would characterize antidepressants as government sponsored.

I have issues with depression myself. When I'm not on my meds, I'm a right bastard to everyone around me, especially my loved ones. I've got a good doctor who agrees that I shouldn't be "doped up" so we've come up with a medication and dosage that strikes a reasonable balance--I'm not mister happy go loopy on my meds, but I'm no longer the beast either. I tried for years to manage it with "natural" solutions like St John's Wort and such, but it really didn't cut the mustard.

I do think there are a lot of factors that lead to oversubscription of medications, and I rather hate "having" to take pills every day, but for me, the alternatives are much much worse.

As for the so called illegal drugs...I don't think I share the "let them all be freeeeeee" attitude (though I was the same when I was younger), but I think there are certainly better ways to deal with the real risks and harms they pose to all of us. Incarceration is clearly not working, and driving the simpler things out of the market just increases profits for the real villains and leads to people creating crazy things like "Bath Salts" which appear to make people completely psychotic.
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: