electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
Playing Risers / Up-/Downlifters live with TC-11
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
m8r

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Playing Risers / Up-/Downlifters live with TC-11 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

i am not a musical & programming newbie but I am new to the concept of TC-11. Just bought it, it rocks!

Now to my question:
How would I program a patch for TC-11 with white noise & lfo sweeps aka up-/downlifters?
The goal of such sweeps is to create and release tension in breaks of house/dance music. Typically I would play those live on stage instead of using static samples. TC-11 is an integrated instrument in my live set.

Common parameters fur such sweeps are:
- lfo speed/rate/amount
- oscillator frequency/waveform/volume
- fx delay/distortion.

I know this forum talks about experimental things, so let's make this a little more experimental than it is normally.

I have attached some examples and a self programmed patch which comes pretty close to what I want to do, but I think the TC-11 can do more and is more creative than those standards.

Does anybody have ideas / is able to program such a creative patch?
Lets share ideas and patches...
m8r

risers.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  risers.zip
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Downloaded:  508 Time(s)

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey m8r - a good challenge! I whipped up a quick patch to mimic a few of the sounds you linked. There's a catch... I cheated a bit and used the new version (1.4) that hasn't come out yet. Embarassed

The good news is: I'll be able to share the patch soon since version 1.4 is already uploaded to Apple and should get reviewed in a few days.

In the meantime, here are a few snapshots to show you my patching:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

rpressure-samples.zip
 Description:
rpressure-0.png
rpressure-1.png
rpressure-2.png
rpressure-3.png
rpressure-sample-0.wav
rpressure-sample-1.wav

Download
 Filename:  rpressure-samples.zip
 Filesize:  8.94 MB
 Downloaded:  491 Time(s)

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should post a small explanation: it is important with the LFO programming that you understand how to scale and shift (Scale and Center, respectively) the output. Getting that right takes a bit of thinking.

In this case, I wanted the sawtooth shape to rise up instead of down. So the parameters that catch the signal are told to invert their values. But this means that to get the LFO smashed into the ground, the Center parameter has to go UP to 1 instead of down to 0.

It's also important that when you want everything to act in unison to use the LFO - Global controller. But if you want individual touches to be separate, use the LFO - Voiced controller.
m8r

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing OK, i got the point with the inverted lfo, mine was sounding interesting, but not quite right. I have attached some new versions...

Waiting for your patches for 1.4... If anybody else wants to give a go and participate, feel free to upload...

I think my patches are still pretty basic: Evil or Very Mad Question remains: Which parameters can be added/changed than those applied and will return musically creative results?

risers m8r.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  risers m8r.zip
 Filesize:  104.49 KB
 Downloaded:  478 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: rissers in good format Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could You, please, post your preset "risers" alone under the :tcp format? I downloaded it, dezipped but after this, I don't know how to do, to put it to TC-11 from some application to storing to iPad...
The other preset published here is much easy - after the click it come directly to TC-11...
Thank You!!!
BigaMyst
Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never posted the RPressure riser patch I made, so here it is:

RPressure.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RPressure.tcp
 Filesize:  30.35 KB
 Downloaded:  551 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit Shape wrote:
I never posted the RPressure riser patch I made, so here it is:

Thanks! Interessting!
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
Jump to: