electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » New Releases
Scott Blasco: Queen of Heaven
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
compositeur

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Scott Blasco: Queen of Heaven
Subject description: New Releases
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Queen of Heaven for piano and electronics
Kari Johnson, piano

http://irritablehedgehog.bandcamp.com/album/queen-of-heaven

Released 31 January 2012
Scott Blasco is a composer and sound artist currently residing in Washington state. He is a board member of the Kansas City Electronic Music and Arts Alliance (KcEMA) and a founding member of and performer with the Kansas City-area electroacoustic new music ensemble The Digital Honkbox Revival.

Scott currently teaches music theory, composition, and electronic music at Washington State University. He received his doctorate in composition from the University of Missouri-Kansas City, and studied music at Calvin College and Western Michigan University. He also holds a Master of Arts in Theology from Fuller Theological Seminary.

Kari Johnson is the Director of Keyboard Studies at Avila University in Kansas City. Ms. Johnson is an active performer; her playing is known for its firm musicality and dramatic flair. She is a strong supporter of new music, and has been heard as a soloist and collaborator at festivals including SEAMUS 2010 and 2011, the ElectroAcoustic Juke Joint, and the University of Central Missouri and University of Nebraska-Kearney new music festivals. In 2011 she was a featured artist for the Kansas City Electronic Music and Arts Alliance concert series and the 2011 Thailand International Composition Festival in Chiang Mai, Thailand. She holds degrees from Central Missouri State University, Bowling Green State University in Ohio, the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and is a doctoral candidate at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.

Scott Blasco
Queen of Heaven
© Scott Blasco (BMI)

Recorded October 4th, 2011 on the Richard Cass Memorial Steinway at the University of Missouri, Kansas City.

Executive Producers: David D. McIntire and Michelle Allen McIntire
Producer: David D. McIntire

Engineering: Robert Beck
Mastering: Eric Honour
gustavojobim

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the link led me directly to track 2, I couldn't stop listening to it. very nice, similar to my own piano and electronic improvisations, but with the professional technique I lack Smile
track 3 and 5 are awesome too
indeed all this reminds me of my own music, my next few releases have quite a similar soundworld...
great!
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » New Releases
Jump to: