electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Sample And Hold With VC-Clock Questions
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
KnobHell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Sample And Hold With VC-Clock Questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Do Q1 and Q2 the 2N3904's need to be matched?

Are there any changes to operate from 15 volts?

Thanks!

len
Feifer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Len,
No need to match to match those I think. Matching transistors like in this case is really only necessary if you want to improve tracking through 1V/oct, which for the sample rate of a S/H to me seems silly. Although someone out there might have a use for it.

You will have to change some resistor values if you use 15V. The obvious places are where you have reference voltages via a divider. See R25, R26. Unless someone chimes in with it all worked out already, I would suggest breadboarding first.
KnobHell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Feifer wrote:
Hey Len,
No need to match to match those I think. Matching transistors like in this case is really only necessary if you want to improve tracking through 1V/oct, which for the sample rate of a S/H to me seems silly. Although someone out there might have a use for it.

You will have to change some resistor values if you use 15V. The obvious places are where you have reference voltages via a divider. See R25, R26. Unless someone chimes in with it all worked out already, I would suggest breadboarding first.

Thanks Feifer.

Certainly, if anyone had built this for 15 volts please let me know which mods worked for you.

len
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: