electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Mountain Lion and G2 Software
Page 1 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
buzzr

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Mountain Lion and G2 Software Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the G2 software run on OSX mountain Lion?
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know, yes.
The Clavia software for PC/Mac. Snow Leopard10.6.x works. (Leopard user have to install VMWare, or Parallels and a Windows version). Open the NMG2Demo and click the dropdown menu Setup. Select the appropriate soundcard and put the sample rate at 96000. The NMG2Demo has midi input, no audio input,
buzzr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not talking about the free software, I'm talking about the editor.
Roland Kuit

G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And this trick from Luca Capozi?
http://www.progsounds.com/blog/nord-modular-g2-demo-on-osx-lion
Ok, it says Demo, maybe it works for the editor too.
sopheapsem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Played with the editor running Mountain Lion for 2 hours straight yesterday. No problems.
buzzr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks guys
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forget payware virtualisation. Let's go freeware eh?

http://www.progsounds.com/blog/nord-modular-g2-demo-on-osx-lion

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got the demo running in WinOnX working really nicely here (10.7.4). The previous WINE app I posted is a pig to set up. WinOnX otoh is far easier to use.
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
xav

G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sopheapsem wrote:
Played with the editor running Mountain Lion for 2 hours straight yesterday. No problems.

How did you manage to connect the G2?
I tried with Crossover... It works fine but doesn't see the G2. Still looking for a solution (other than Parallels or bootcamp) for Lion with a brand new Macbook Pro (really the worst buy ever... not compatible with Snow Leopard, neither with Rosetta... and so slow)...
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Slow!

What exactly is slow?
xav

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Slow!

What exactly is slow?

Everything can sometimes be slowlier than in Slow Leopard with a one year old I5 13' Macbook Pro : display a window can take a while (sometimes), simple actions in Ableton live, like add a track (sometimes), switch between programs, quit a program, quit a program... and there are audio drop outs in ableton live. But the Nord G2 editor works fine in parallels... may be better than in Rosetta with Snow Leopard. Everything cannot be worse. Maybe a bad installation or not enough Ram for that OS?
sopheapsem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dunno. i haven't been back to my G2 in a few weeks, but the session i had running the editor and my G2 in Mountain Lion was without issue for me. it ran about the same as Lion and Leopard and any of those other cats and connection to the G2 just happened no problem. I'm not using any OS emulation, just 10.8. What is the issue you are having?
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xav wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:
Slow!

What exactly is slow?

Everything can sometimes be slowlier than in Slow Leopard with a one year old I5 13' Macbook Pro : display a window can take a while (sometimes), simple actions in Ableton live, like add a track (sometimes), switch between programs, quit a program, quit a program... and there are audio drop outs in ableton live. But the Nord G2 editor works fine in parallels... may be better than in Rosetta with Snow Leopard. Everything cannot be worse. Maybe a bad installation or not enough Ram for that OS?

There must be something a bit wrong there, I have an i7 MacbookPro and I don't get these problems (unless I run parallels).

Do these problems just occur when you are running parallels or all the time?
xav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sopheapsem wrote:
i dunno. i haven't been back to my G2 in a few weeks, but the session i had running the editor and my G2 in Mountain Lion was without issue for me. it ran about the same as Lion and Leopard and any of those other cats and connection to the G2 just happened no problem. I'm not using any OS emulation, just 10.8. What is the issue you are having?

Waw, it's a good thing. It doesn't work here, like other PPC applications. Lion isn't supposed to support any more Rosetta.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4052399?start=0&tstart=0
xav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

There must be something a bit wrong there, I have an i7 MacbookPro and I don't get these problems (unless I run parallels).

Really? Other good news. Is it this model (2012) and do you use Lion?
Parallels isn't an issue, it works very fine. The G2 editor works as well in Parallels as in my others Mac under Snow Leopard.

You must be right and I start another Lion installation.

About CrossOver, it seems very nice. It installed Nord G2 and G1 editors like a charm, but unfortunately I don't manage to make it working with the G2 itself because it doesn't recognize it. The G2 updater says "no G2 connected". I couldn't install the G2 drivers in CrossOver
sopheapsem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the last version of the Mac G2 editor (1.62) is universal binary, not just Power PC. It doesn't need Rosetta to run. That's the last good thing Clavia did for us. The demo, however, was never updated, so you can't run it without Rosetta or some other OS emulation.
xav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sopheapsem wrote:
But the last version of the Mac G2 editor (1.62) is universal binary, not just Power PC. It doesn't need Rosetta to run. That's the last good thing Clavia did for us. The demo, however, was never updated, so you can't run it without Rosetta or some other OS emulation.

Shocked
OH I was using the 1.40 editor... THANK YOU Sopheapsem!
Now it's really better than opening Parallels (although it's not so bad for an emulation).
Razz
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xav wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:

Really? Other good news. Is it this model (2012) and do you use Lion?
Parallels isn't an issue, it works very fine. The G2 editor works as well in Parallels as in my others Mac under Snow Leopard.

You must be right and I start another Lion installation.

About CrossOver, it seems very nice. It installed Nord G2 and G1 editors like a charm, but unfortunately I don't manage to make it working with the G2 itself because it doesn't recognize it. The G2 updater says "no G2 connected". I couldn't install the G2 drivers in CrossOver

Mines 2011, currently running Mountain Lion. It is pretty snappy.

I have no problems with Live at all, I do have 8GB ram though, how much do you have?

Andy
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

P.S I do have problems if I run parallels, it makes the machine very sluggish and causes big problems when running Live at the same time including hangs, it also does this on my Mac Pro Sad
xav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
P.S I do have problems if I run parallels, it makes the machine very sluggish and causes big problems when running Live at the same time including hangs, it also does this on my Mac Pro Sad

i only have 4 MB... seems not to be enough. You're right, Parallels slow down the rest of the computer. Everything is better since I installed the editor universal binary version (but I think not as efficient as SL, for ableton live). Does Mountain Lion seem to be better, considering cpu load?
xav

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is faster with 16 MB
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You updated to 16GB?

I don't notice much difference in speed between SL and Lion/ML. Lion/ML does seem to use more ram though.
xav

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I updated. Everything is fine now. But I'm not convinced by the 2 last OS. I see better results in SL in DAW forums (in Ableton Performance Test, 14% for SL / 21% for Lion), and the new features are not important for me (animations, misson, syncs with ICloud)... I wish I could revert back to SL... but with this mac it's impossible. And maybe further soft development won't be available any more for SL.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bet that wasn't cheap!

Is that % from the Live display or from Activity Monitor?

What audio device are you using?
xav

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It' ableton live cpu display.
I use a Rme FF400.
Page 1 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: