electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
The Lunetta Show Returns!
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: The Lunetta Show Returns!
Subject description: submit your stuff...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was years ago when we did the first Lunetta show on the electro-music radio station. Well, I'm back doing a variety show now and one of my favorite topics was the Lunetta show that I did, so I thought it would be good to bring it back. But of course I need your help. Here's what to do.

Post one or more music samples totaling about five to ten minutes or so and type a text description of what you want me to read during the show. I will read and play the show straight off of this thread! As soon as we get enough material for a show I'll do one and if there's an abundance of material some will get saved for a later show.

All styles of Lunetta music are welcome - purist, enhanced, glitchy, beautified, self-evolving, performance, whatever else there may be - name your style! I'll mention when the show will be, likely some Friday or Saturday soon.

Thanks for participating!

Les

Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool. I'll try to get something rolling soon.
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm making an effort to rehouse my machine(again) and start recording (again) so I hope to have something to share in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe I'll build some new modules too. Smile

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, nice early replies - shows good spirit! I can't wait to hear what we all come up with this time.

Les

attdestroyers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, wait... you're going to be reading (poetry maybe?) while the noise is happening? Wild man.
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im not much of a writer so just listen Smile.

Handsome Heights, the fifth track in a series I called shifty sessions, recorded back in september 2010. The entire track is made on my lunetta with a little bit of reverb added in ableton live. I can't remember the patch I made but it involved a lot of XOR gates and a lot of live manipulation. It isn't pretty but I chose this one because it really shows what kind of extreme sounds you can get with just your basic cmos IC's

Is there any place for a live lunetta performance in one of the upcoming shows?

p.s.: I also did a lunetta radio show back in 2010, here is a link for anyone that is interested:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-44884.html
scroll down for a mp3 and list of tracks.

01-10-2010 shifty sessions5 Handsome Heights.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  01-10-2010 shifty sessions5 Handsome Heights.mp3
 Filesize:  5.52 MB
 Downloaded:  983 Time(s)

noise
JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Count me in! I am into this Very Happy
Just give me a few weeks to build some some stuff again (Sold most of it because I am poor Sad) Then I'll record some stuff for you.

Any chance of doing a live improv on the show? Or does it all need to be pre-recorded? or would the logistics be too great to surmount?

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
garcho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in. I'll have some posted here soon. Way to go Inventor!
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Live improv, what a great idea! Yes we can accomplish that in a number of ways. Let me talk to the radio hosts and see what will be the easiest technology to use. Might be Skype, might be streaming, or some other app.

Les

Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the link to my previous posting of the file:

http://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/its_about_time__jacob_watters_cynosure_236.mp3

It's About Time

This track features my C-MOnSter synthesizer. It is a top octave synth that uses almost exclusively CMOS IC. There are just a few opamps for mixing and a LM13700 in each of the Wasp filters. The song demonstrates some of the varieties of sounds that the synth can create, from gritty bass lines, to smooth arpeggios, to soaring leads.

The drums are from my UM-TSS drum machine. It uses a 4040 divider to trigger CMOS drum sounds. The clock from the output of the C-MOnSter's sequencer is controlling the tempo for the drum machine.

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anyone would like to do a test of Skype as a means of accomplishing our Live Improv show, stop by the chatroom and try to catch me. We'll test the idea out.

Les

droffset

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another interesting option is Google Hangouts, mightbe a cool way to do some kind of show because you can have up to ten people in the hangout at the same time and it's free. I don't know if it can do stereo audio though.

I've tried playing guitar with another person across the globe in a hangout and synch was impossible, but it synch isn't important it might actually work out for jamming with synths.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will check out google hangouts, thanks dr. offset.

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, it's time to get a bit organized about this. Anyone who would like to be on the show's audio live via Skype or possibly Google hangouts, please show up in the chatroom at 5pm Tuesday this week (that's tomorrow) or now (4:30pm Monday). We'll test our setup for a great fun dhow!

Les

Top Top

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a track that's an all CMOS bassed synth/sequencer, an analog drum machine with all 4000 series based sequencing/counting, and a sampler with CMOS sequencing and triggering... Oh, and vocals.

Performed live to recording, no overdubs, no edits.

Not sure it all counts as "Lunetta" but... ?

http://soundcloud.com/a-magic-whistle/pulsewave-3

The song was released on cassette tape on ORMOLYCKA "A Magic Whistle: On a Magic Pulsewave"

http://ormolycka.com/

Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: