electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
TR-808 Voice STRIP Boards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 11 of 11 [259 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
RyBowk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You sir are a genius
kropo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

Wow! Adding these to build list. Could you provide couple pictures for noobs like me? How that 100nf should be added there? And noise in, it that something where the pink noise out should be connected? And can this be used with 12v?

Regards

Jake
helix_modular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi kropo,

That's great. I think they are quite cool, even if toms aren't that highly regarded...

For the decoupling caps: ideally these should be mounted from V+ or V- to ground respectively, but you can easily get away with bypassing V+ to V- with anything between 10nF to 100nF ceramic capacitors. Just solder them on the reverse side of the terminals of the ICs (diagonally). (Keep in mind it's mirrored on the reverse side). So in this case:

TL072:
pin 4 (V-) -- cap (-||-) -- pin 8 (V+)
TL071:
pin 4 (V-) -- cap (-||-) -- pin 7 (V+)

But you can probably simply leave them out as well.

Noise IN shall be connected to Pink Noise. I added the Pink Noise Out for use with a switched jack (for use with an external noise source).

As for operation on +/-12V... cannot really say. The tuning is probably a bit off. And you would probably have to increase R252 (mid tom) to ~5k6. Just try it.

Cheers, helix
kropo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

Thanks for fast reply. I think I got it now. Thanks.

Regards

Jake
kropo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

Forgot to ask, should I add accent potentiometer to all modules or just one for all modules? Does it matter?

Regards

Jake
helix_modular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is plenty of coverage on accent in this thread already (I know it's quite a read). But roughly said, when in doubt, simply tie the accent to V+. But nearly every other configuration is possible as well: Pot for each, (switched) accent in jack with attenuator,... I'd suggest you try what works best for you.

Cheers
Apollo View

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wanted to say massive thank you to everyone in this thread. Today I finally housed my clone in a safe wooden case. The electronics have been sat waiting for this day for over a year. But I finally plugged it in and everything is working at it should (bar a little hum on the clap as the jumpers seem to be antennas.

65DA7E19-405C-4287-B258-8921EC986625.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.14 MB
 Viewed:  80 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

65DA7E19-405C-4287-B258-8921EC986625.jpeg

8B0CC125-6339-470D-9F01-D38872A55BD5.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.33 MB
 Viewed:  83 Time(s)

8B0CC125-6339-470D-9F01-D38872A55BD5.jpeg

37BA25D2-36D7-4EC3-A63C-DAEFC93B6E17.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.02 MB
 Viewed:  78 Time(s)

37BA25D2-36D7-4EC3-A63C-DAEFC93B6E17.jpeg

artilect99

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that's a nice piece of work Apollo. Great looking panel, though it looks a bit more like a 909! Razz

I just got my snare working and am moving on to the hihats and clap/maracas next. I probably won't do all the voices but I might mount those 4 behind a 20HP panel or something.
SawSquareSine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Trouble with Cowbell A sound sourse
Subject description: Any recommendations for how to troubleshoot?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all, I am having an issue where I get no sound from output on Cowbell A, B is working fine and I can tune with the trimpot but I get nothing from A. Does anyone happen to know the path or pin that A is derived from? Trying to troubleshoot but currently stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 11 of 11 [259 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: