electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Master clock weirdness
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
anigbrowl

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject:  Master clock weirdness Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I keep having this strange problem with Master clock - probably it is something stupid, because for a long time I was using the G2 to generate Master clock, but now I'm sequencing with an Elektron Octatrack and I prefer to clock everything from that.

Basically, when I switch a clock module from Internal to Master in a patch, it just doesn't run. It makes no difference whether I have the external sequencer running or whether I am just using the Master clock in the G2. Nor does it make any difference whether the Master Clock is set to Run or Stop. I have a MIDI loop (G2 > Octatrack > Virus > G2), but it makes no difference whether I set Local on or off, or if I break the loop. I always receive MIDI clock OK, the problem is that the Patch is not receiving Master clock from the G2 under any circumstances.

I just can't understand it. I even set up a simple patch with just a clock module and a sequencer, and the behavior is the same: it runs when set to internal, and stops as soon as I switch to Master. WTF?

head banging monitor

PD I found this old thread from 2004(!) where Fozzie was having the same problem. But the problem is definitely with Master > Patch rather than MIDI.
anigbrowl

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sort of solved my own problem, but I still don't understand it. I disconnected the MIDI In from the G2, Switched a Clock module from Master to Internal, then back to Master, and it started ticking away at 120 bpm (the G2 default). I plugged the Midi cable back in and it immediately started to follow MIDI clock (at 140bpm). Now it is fine.

I am starting to think it might be a problem with the editor. I left it open last night when I put the (windows 7 computer) to sleep. When I changed something in the patch this morning I got 'Major Error' - this often happens if I suspend the computer with the G2 editor open, and later turn the computer back on and try to edit a patch. Usually I just reset the G2, but I have noticed that things sometimes behave a bit strangely in this situation.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: