electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Patch selection freezing up Andromeda?
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
plikestechno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Patch selection freezing up Andromeda? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

I am a recent Andromeda owner and while the synthesizer works perfectly and sounds great and passes diagnostics, every time I go into change patches the synth freezes up and then I have to do the old turn off/turn on again.

The previous owner informed me that he had this trouble when using the quick buttons, so I got the synth for a bit of a deal, but he said he was able to get programming changes using the soft buttons in previous use. He also said he tried the soft button 3, soft button 4 thing already. Sometimes I am able to change one or two patches with the soft buttons, sometimes I can only get into a folder and then it freezes up. Am I doing the order wrong and getting it confused? I can't find exactly the procedure for just using soft buttons for patch selection so if someone else could tell me that'd be great. He said it would occasionally freeze up with soft buttons but very rarely but for me (only first day though) it does it every time.

He thinks it's the battery, but wouldn't that just wipe patches out? I've read a lot about reseating ribbon cables helping the Andy a lot but he said he's never had the guts to open it. I'd get a tech to do the battery but how would I reseat the ribbon cables myself? I've done it on other synths but I've read there is a certain way to unseat and reseat the cables without hurting the Andy. Could this also have been a problem with a bad OS download or patch download? Could there be some buttons sticking/dirty? It was made in 2002.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am loathe to do too much to it since the actual synth works properly. And I have plenty of vintage synths without patch storage. But it would be nice. And who knows haven't been through absolutely everything else (it's so deep) but the rest of the synth seems to work. Oh and when powering up the screen print contrast flash inverses a couple of times quickly but powers up and tests fine. Is that normal?
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only time I've had patches lock up the system is if the patch is corrupted somehow (a bad MIDI transfer for instance will cause this sometimes).

Is it only certain patches or a whole lot? Either way, resetting to factory default banks might be helpful.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: