electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Hello from Sweden!
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
pulqueroelectronique

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Hello from Sweden! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello there! I am not myself a musician. I don´t arrange electronic music but a friend of mine does. Its still something simple but we are planing to expand by buying equipment. Right now we work with analogues synthethizers and a Numark controller. My link to the genre (and sub-genres) is organizing small scale partys.

The thing is as follows: I have been living in Stockholm for almost two months. As a foreigner I was expecting a strong electronic scene from the land of Solid Snake, Spartaque, Minilogue, etc. (in the minimal-progressive style) and of well recognized artists such as Adam Beyer or Lekebusch (in the techno style) or The Knife and Slagsmalkubben (in a broader sense of electronic with vocals sometimes mixed with conventional instruments).

However, despite of swedes´ famous reputation of making very good electronic music, I have not find yet a nice party place. At least not in Stockholm. Malmö seems to be the real music production center and host of most of the events. Maybe the influence of continental Europe is stronger there, I don´t know...

I dislike the Swedish House Mafia, Avicii or Eric Prydz music that is always present (on many places of Stockholm at least). In general I don´t like that kind of club music that relies on aggresive and fast beats put together in pieces no longer than 4 minutes or so. I think that that is just way to simple and strictly market-orientated.

But meh, that´s not the point. Do you people know a swede that could help me to find a good place for IDM, minimal, and that kind of stuff aside from the omnipresent cheap house? Is there people from Sweden that can tell me something about the svartklubb concept? Is that some kind of rave?

Thank you all! Regards from Scandinavia...
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please do not double post, thanks & welcome Smile
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome pulqueroelectronique!

I'm from Malmö, but I don't really go out to clubs much, so I can't tell if the club scene is better in Malmö than in Stockholm (I suspect not). Copenhagen is next door, dunno about that either.

Anyway, "svartklubb" basically just means a place that is run illegally, not paying taxes, serving alcohol without a permit etc. It doesn't to my knowledge have to be connected with any particular kind of music, though as I said, I don't get out much.

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: