electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Stereo delay / Vibrato
Page 3 of 4 [94 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hurray!

Youre a star and very generous to share.

Look forward to it.

cheers, Ben
papaver

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

PCBs are here finally! The bad news are that the cases still are in EEUU waiting for comming here, so we need to wait a little bit more.

My intention was to open a web page with all the stuff for buy (PCB, cases, kits,...) but as things are slow, burocracy in Spain is a hell of lazies and corruption Confused (ok maybe not so hard but very close to) and I will go to travel for 6 weeks on august. Maybe I will start everything in september. Or maybe before, but I don't think so.

Meanwhile I will make the full color step by step instructions and the user manual and continue designing new stuff. The expandable step sequencer, a digital bit crusher / sample rate reducer, and more things are comming. Of course everything will by open-source as the Jelly.

Wink

IMG_5598[1].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Viewed:  421 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_5598[1].jpg

Paradigm X

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent news they look lovely! Very Happy

Ironic there are delays in this project! Laughing Surprised

September seems a long way away, but never mind Smile

Thanks again. Your other projects sound fun too.

cheers
Ben
papaver

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cases are flying to Barcelona. Smile

jellyfish.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  587.42 KB
 Viewed:  447 Time(s)

jellyfish.gif

Paradigm X

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome as always.

Very excited.

cheers Ben
papaver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cases are on the print.

If everything goes fine this will be avialiable on july. drunken
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cheers
papaver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tomorrow the cases are silkscreened!

I hope this week can start... banana
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hurrah!

Any ideas of cost? approximately?

Cheers
Ben
papaver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This morning I have had the most frustating moment of all the process. I have gone to pick up the silkscreened cases to the workshop and my surprise have been to see that they have silkcreened the wrong side, the lid. An act of lucidity. Specially when they have had the prototype in their own hands. My hopes up in smoke.

I have spend a lot of time and energy to see this project started this month, but now I feel hopeless. Anyway tomorrow I have to return there and see if they have been able to fix the screw-up.

About the prices and suposing that tomorrow everithing will be ok:

PCBs: 20€
Cases Rolling Eyes : 60€
Kits (PCB & components, no case): 120€

I will post the BOM and the case drilling schematic, so if you want you can DIY, you don't need the kit nor the case.

If anyone in, please post it below. Users of the forum will have priority from the web ones.

And here are the spcecifications. More info very very soon.

SPECS:

Front Panel Controls:

VELO: Frequency of the LFO. It can go from 0,33 to 3,12 Hz and modulates the time parameter of the delay.

DEPTH: Quantity of modulation applied to the time parameter. It goes from 0 or no modulation to full wave modulation.

WAVE: This switch changes between square or triangle waves of the LFO. These are not exact square and triangle waves. It have some imperfections giving its own character to the machine. Square and triangle waves have different amplitudes also.

TIME: The main function of the delay. It controls the delay time and varies from 27 to 570msg. With this times the PT2399 are going through its capabilities. So on longer times you will notice some noise and distortion of the sound.

FINE: This pot also controls the delay time but only a 10% of the main pot do. It is very useful when you want to be very precise or when using the two delay lines at once, providing nice surf stereo expanding sound.

FEEDBACK: It sends the output of the delay again to its input causing repetition. It varies from 0 (one delay) to infinite. To more repetitions, more distortion and filtering are added to the sound.

INFINTE: When this switch is activated and the feedback pot set at its maximum position the repetion never stops. This makes that the level increases at every step. Apply some modulation here and you will find the extreme character of the beast!

DRY & WET: Mix input and effect signals to the output. Note that this pots are not are the same level when clockwise. The effect level amplifies the signal while the DRY have a gain of 1. If you want a gain of 1 on the effect turn the pot at 3 o’clock.

XDELAY: When activated this switch sends the output of the delay line 1 to the input of the delay line 2 and viceversa. This tool is used for create interesting double delay lines. It’s necessary to turn on the feedback pot of the secundary delay line to activate this feature. The feedback pot acts as a level of the 2nd delay.

PARALLEL: When it’s off this switch sends the delay line 1 to out 1 and the delay line 2 to out 2. When it’s on sends the 2 delay lines to the output 1.

BYPASS: Turns on and off the effect. When off the input goes directly to outs 1 and 2 through a buffer.

Rear Panel Controls:

CV INPUTS: this inputs modulates the time parameter of the delay. When plugged it deactivates the LFO. It accept signals from 0 to 5 V.

OUT 1: Output signal of the delay line 1.

OUT2: Output signal of the delay line 2.

IN: Input signal. It accepts line, synth and instrument levels.

DC 9V: Accepts 9V DC center negative. The machines consumes 60mA, use a power supply with 100-200mA.

General Specs:

CASE: Aluminum black painted.

DIMENSIONS: 188x120x33 mm

WEIGHT: 687 gr.
papaver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And if you want to etch yourself the PCB you can do it also. I will post the files. Everything is for free, buying is only an option if you want the jellyfish!
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh no! That sounds terrible. I assume they will redo them for you for free?

After all that hard work. Sad

Depending on how things go, I will order at least 2 pcbs and one case, maybe on monday as i get paid then.

Best of luck with it all.

Surprised not more people are interested. Have you though of posting to muffwigglers?

Cheers, Ben
papaver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't know muffwigglers, later I will take a look.

I understand people is not interested. They don't know me at all and maybe don't trust me yet. Also they need to see the Jellyfish finished. It will be very soon!

I'm going now to pick up the cases and see if they could fix it.

Oh, and Paradigm X and Unkle Krunkus you have the first PCB for free for your ideas and/or support during the process. thank you!
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mate, dont get disheartened! Nearly there now!

Sadly, e-m is very quiet these days, and this is in a subforum, so I guess hardly anyone has seen this. Sad

Muffwigglers forum is now very busy, and they have a synth diy section. Frankly, its where most of the traffic from here has gone.

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

You should post there with the details, or I can post a link to here for you if youd prefer?

Believe me, im a delay freak, and this thing is amazing. I bet youll sell all of them straight away, PCB mounted hardware (no wiring), CV control, cases ready to go, its DIY perfection.

Nice one mate, chin up beer

Cheers, Ben
papaver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great,

I will post there tomorrow!

thanks!!!

The cases are fine! The Jellyfish is a reality!!!

The jellyfish Final.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.76 MB
 Viewed:  567 Time(s)

The jellyfish Final.JPG

Paradigm X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cheers afro wow!

Looks really nice in the flesh. Awesome.

OK, well as i said, ill def have pcbs and one case for now.

Quote:

Oh, and Paradigm X and Unkle Krunkus you have the first PCB for free for your ideas and/or support during the process. thank you!

Just saw this as well, ah, theats very kind, no need, but a nice gesture.

Im just glad its seen the light of day. Youve done all the hard work!

Cheers, all the best
Ben
papaver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have moved!

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-88350.html
macMOE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
i was just today searching for a nice delay box and found this great design.
It looks awesome but unfortunatly i cant find the muffwiggler-page.
The link gives me a "404".

Could you please post the right one because i need this delay ^^

greetings
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome macMOE

welcome

For some reason, I invariably get the 404 message for any Muffwiggler links (and MFOS, come to that). They seem to work for most other users. Anyway, on the main Muffwiggler page, choose:

Other Music Gear/Music Tech DIY/Topics: The Jellyfish. Dual Delay / Vibrato

It's posted by Plankton (not papaver as on this site). It should still be on or near the top of the list.

Gary
macMOE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, got it. Thanks.
papaver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, there is a new link: http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-88350.html

Is in this subforum: http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

Or follow the steps from analog blacklash Wink

http://www.muffwiggler.com/ --> Music Tech DIY --> "The Jellyfish. Dual Delay / Vibrato"

Yes, I have renamed myself Cool
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope it's ok that I post here and not on Muff Wiggler - I'm interested in this, and when available I'm in for a kit and a case!
papaver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great!

Of course it's ok!

I will be at the two places. But there is really more movement there.

This wee it will be available, let me check all the sipping stuff!
papaver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's avaliable now.

In muffwiggler you will see the prices. Also you can find there the files (BOM, PCB files, etc...)

Very Happy

You can write me here if not registered there, I will check it.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

papaver wrote:
It's avaliable now.

In muffwiggler you will see the prices. Also you can find there the files (BOM, PCB files, etc...)

Very Happy

You can write me here if not registered there, I will check it.

PM!

Page 3 of 4 [94 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Jump to: