electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
WARNING! Q+ Phoenix on USA Ebay...AGAIN!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
namnibor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: WARNING! Q+ Phoenix on USA Ebay...AGAIN! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is now the fourth mass listing a seller has listed same pic of Q+ Phoenix in attic with a window behind in pic and in bodies of now multiple listings the seller forbids one to bid rather, demands one to text or email them to get "permission", and this has been fourth such incident in last 4 weeks alone and via ebay members contacting ebay to report this scammer is only way to get them off, at least briefly, as I contacted people on Waldorf List and over last few days we were collectively able to get this scammer off. Problem is this has been going on for over year half and the seller keeps using (hijacking) other's ebay accounts and ebay is lackadaisical at best in catching this repeat scam artist.
For instance, in listing of Q+ and some other calssic analog synths listed right now, and duplicate listings at that by same seller account, if you read large colorful font of everything you will see for instance an item may be listed from a Minneapolis, MN seller (for instance) but only available for pick-up in Seatle, WA Area. Not only that, but he lists Buy It Now prices now either at a ridiculously low price or in GBP (Pounds) as well. The seller's name each mass listing will never disclose whom he or she really is, they are more than likely hijacked ebay accounts or a larger scam.
Please be careful and most importantly, help to keep ebay a safe place for sellers as well as buyers from the ilk this lister is. Just look for Waldorf under Msical Instruments on USA ebay and filter listings to most recent and you will see as of 12/11/12 18:00 Hrs, Eastern Standard Time, same seller has double listed with same pic of Q+ but there is not a second Q+ and doubt there's a Q+ in forst place as some members on list actually called ebay to report about a different listing by same seller but under a different guise just yesterday. I was having trouble accessing the member's list this evening so decided to make an entry subject line here>.
Thanks,
Robert

Waldorf: Blofeld, MicroQ Omega, XT, Q-Rack, PULSE PLUS, NAVE, Miniworks 4-Pole; Virus KB and KC; DSI Evolver Desktop and 2-MEK's(poly-chained)-x2; Korg: Wavestation SR, DW-8000; Alesis: Ion, Fusion--for HollowSun SampleBanks; Novation Supernova 1; Quasimidi Polymorph; Roland SH-32; Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X; Elektron Analog Four, MnM mk1; Reaper, Scarlett 18i20, Studio Maine Coone Cat pre-loaded with toxic wavetables on each fang and claw! Military Training! Crossbow:-)
DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... If we're looking at the same seller, he has the top of the line 'everything': cameras, lenses, test equipment, hi-fi, bicycles (all of them photographed in completely different locations...) etc.

He has some the most desirable synthesizers:

Yamaha DX1
Yamaha CS-80
Waldorf Q+
2 x Sequential Circuits Prophet 5
Sennheiser VSM 201
Roland SYstem 100M
2 x Roland Jupiter 8
Arp 2600
Alesis Andromeda
Synclavier 6400

No minimum bids on anything. My alarmbells are ringing loud and clear... Very Happy

DJ
--
namnibor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ebay took down the duplicate listings of the synths that used VERY SAME wording about "DO NOT BID--CALL /TEXT FIRST", but EACH of the duplicate listings were ALL with a different ebay seller ID and store name, yet exact same wording and $$ amount, etc, etc. Upon testing this asking for a serial number of the very Q+ that's STILL on ebay, under guise to make sure it was not on any registries (yeah, I winged-that but it worked), I was sent an email in large font stating I was forbidden to bid on any of "their listings"....no pronoun was used. Sent correspondence to ebay and they obviously have become so corporate and bureaucratic that people like these are pretty dangerous to a company such as ebay akin to just one virus in a computer bringing whole thing down.
Ebay customer service reps I talked to gave me more than obvious impression they have outsourced to call centers because what I was trying to relay in a live chat was so off script I actually was given a number to call for that "instance with a reference number", and that person might as well had been in Bikini Islands in a call center....it went nowhere!
I am always quite careful whom I decide to deal with and luckily most have been same handful of people getting rid of ALL hardware going total VST with me happily being a "bottom-feeder of technology"....but with seeing how agressive in 4 weeks time an obvious same person or group of, even getting kicked off ebay but coming back with new, perhaps hijacked or hacked accounts makes me wary of PayPal's security now, sadly.

Waldorf: Blofeld, MicroQ Omega, XT, Q-Rack, PULSE PLUS, NAVE, Miniworks 4-Pole; Virus KB and KC; DSI Evolver Desktop and 2-MEK's(poly-chained)-x2; Korg: Wavestation SR, DW-8000; Alesis: Ion, Fusion--for HollowSun SampleBanks; Novation Supernova 1; Quasimidi Polymorph; Roland SH-32; Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X; Elektron Analog Four, MnM mk1; Reaper, Scarlett 18i20, Studio Maine Coone Cat pre-loaded with toxic wavetables on each fang and claw! Military Training! Crossbow:-)
namnibor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: New listing of same Q+ under yet another ebay I.D Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Classic example that ebay indeed removed all those fraudulant listings and this morning seller is using yet another different ebay I.D. seller account, same terms, everything as before....the aggressiveness of this scammer whom HAS to hijacking MANY ebay user I.D's inorder to add the Q+ and you will see VERY same warning DO NOT BID--CALL FOR PERMISSION, and is trying to solicit offeres outside of ebay to avoid ebay fees and will not use ebay "contact seller" properly as this is how this person stays under ebay's radar obviously otherwise there would bread crumbs a year and half long and clear record ebay could not ignore...same picture and email and cell phone to call....this is pretty alarming!
namnibor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Here's what body wording looks like--FYI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...another red flag as it will not even allow me to copy anything from the body of illegal terms.
Seller also has listed other of same previous vintage synths at ridiculously low buy it now price but with no option to do so unless you "CALL HIM/HER", meaning avoiding ebay fees which is quite illegal....let's sack this scumbag~!

namnibor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject:  Each DAY this week...
Subject description: ...relentless fraud Q= listings
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE:
Each and every day this week this very same description in body of SAME Q+ picture with slant window behind it, using multiple new ebay seller stores across USA and as of today, 12-15-12, they had FOUR DUPLICATE Q+ listings all different stores on ebay but in body same email or text to offers outside of ebay in description body down the page.
Matter-in-fact, for last two weeks there has not been a day where multiple Q+'s and other very expensive analog synths have been deceivingly posted.
I have been reporting through ebay's "report item" link that I would hope others will do so when seeing it to help keep ebay as safe place for both buyers and sellers.
All four listings of same Q+ have now been removed by ebay because this seller has been dumb enough to place the same body wording of warning, DO NOT BID, CONTACT ME FIRST; then an email addy to call or even text...but using ebay accounts from seller's stores in Florida, Minnesota, California, and Missouri USA....and most of the time these stores sell things like second hand cloths, hosiery, nicky knacks, not much to do about pro gear period and this person or group have obviously found a crack in ebay to randomly hijack seller's stores and then offers outside of ebay are dealt or tried because the listing even will state "If I can obtain a REAL price I will unlist item from public view"....but will have VERY SAME Buy It Now price listed only in lower body below warning to NOT BID in all listings of Q+, two different ARP 2600 Modulars, Sequential Circuits T8, couple of Prophet 5's, Roland Jupiter 8's....and a Buy It Now price of $1200. USD would be a steal even for PARTS!
I guess this is a public service announcement of sorts in this forum to reach best concentrated readers because ebay is rather lackadaisical about this and worrisome in fact if their so called security and protection cannot even detect patterns happening over last year and half, let alone each and every day for last few weeks...there's something TO BE worried about.
'Tis the season of giving but unfortunately there's alot of unscrupulous takers out there this season as well!
Thanks,
Robert Twisted Evil

dougt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These high-priced synth listings from hijacked accounts have been going on for at least 5 years now. The Q+ as well as Jupiter-8s, 2600s, and Prophet-5s seem to be the most popular. They are very easy to spot. As soon as you see the "Don't bid - contact me at some email address" just ignore them. They'll most likely be pulled within a few hours...
namnibor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dougt wrote:
These high-priced synth listings from hijacked accounts have been going on for at least 5 years now. The Q+ as well as Jupiter-8s, 2600s, and Prophet-5s seem to be the most popular. They are very easy to spot. As soon as you see the "Don't bid - contact me at some email address" just ignore them. They'll most likely be pulled within a few hours...

Firstly, reason I have only began to notice because although not new to synthesis, being a recently Disabled Veteran and medically retired, have only in last shy of two years been building-up home synth-based studio, thus noticing this in time frame given.
Because this was such an aggressive mass posting and duplicates at that, I DID JUST THAT--wanted to see how long before ebay would pull them and week and half went by and I decided to make a report. So no, unfortunately, after talking to ebay "customer service" then even "security center", IT TAKES ***SO MANY NUMBERS OF REPORTS*** FROM US, not just letting it take care of itself. And even then, yesterday's FOUR LISTINGS of just the Q+ alone (same wording but all 4 different user accounts across the USA), to this minute at 7 A.M. 12/15/12 ebay only deleted 3 of the 4 duplicates, meaning these thugs have figured out if they post ENOUGH all but ONE will remain!!!
Thanks for letting me know this has been going on for a bit but they seem to have taken advantage of the the same mentality of the New York City gunman that murdered someone blatantly in front of MANY witnesses and got back into his car and drove off...(all on video cameras)...this thug metality takes advantage of the Human Condition of the average person "not wanting to get involved", SOMEONE ELSE WILL REPORT IT...BLAH, BLAH...! Thugs getting more aggressive means we have to beso in reporting these things when spotted and NOT depending that someone else will or even ebay will on their own accord!!

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: