electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Rob Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MIDI Controllers and Interfaces
M-Audio KeyRig 49 - needs of shematics of MIDI Interface!
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Ganzha

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: M-Audio KeyRig 49 - needs of shematics of MIDI Interface! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

I have M-Audio KeyRig 49 but it has USB connector only -I need of schematics of MIDI Interface to add MIDI IN and Output connectors in back
panel,

maybe somebody could share with schematic diagram of this?

Thank you very much!

elmegil

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A midi interface input hardware is easy, the question is where you would inject the MIDI data into the keyboard. Does the USB connection show up as a MIDI device on the computer? Do you have schematics for the keyboard?
Ganzha

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: schematics of keyboars for sure! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need schematic of keyboard for sure? because I intend to open cover of keyboard and make hole in back side panel and ad some wires or whatewer components to have a hadware MIDI output, because I need a power supplay to keyboard from USB that means it is not possible to use such keyboard with USB output for hardware devices with simple MIDI interfaces!
elmegil

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I didn't look at what the KeyRig 49 was.

It's an output device, not an input device, so MIDI IN doesn't make much sense to me.

The USB provides two things:

1) Power

2) data connection to your PC. I'm not terribly familiar with how these USB keyboards work, whether they're using MIDI protocol over USB connection or what. On your computer when you plug it in, does it look like a MIDI controller to your software?

It seems really unlikely that there is a simple circuit you could add to make this a MIDI controller rather than a USB one. This is because by the time it gets to the jack on the back it is already going to be encapsulated in USB protocols around the MIDI protocol (assuming there is a MIDI protocol there). You'd have to change the programming of whatever processor is inside it to get at the raw MIDI data.

There maybe USB->MIDI boxes that would let you do that; I am pretty sure that with an arduino Leonardo I could hack that together--at that point you'd be providing the power to the keyboard from the box, so that wouldn't be an issue (assuming a decent supply).

I'm thinking something like this: http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI

But that's pretty pricey....even at discounted prices on amazon and such. Most everything else I see that's "comparable" is specific to IOS devices Sad
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MIDI Controllers and Interfaces
Jump to: