electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Online Music
A Touch Of 21st Century Cassette Culture
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
TapedRugsProductions

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: A Touch Of 21st Century Cassette Culture
Subject description: Lo Finest Show #29 Just Posted
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lo Finest Show #29: A Touch Of 21st Century Cassette Culture

Just Posted, featuring...

Fiver's Stereo, Freaks With People Behind Them, Activity Universal, Hal McGee, Luxurious Dagger, M. Ferguson, Otolathe, Aaron Zarzutzki/Joshua Manchester,Tea Man With Tea Gum, Michael J. Bowman, Kei Yokota, Flutwacht, Nova-Sak, Rat Face, More...

Dare to dig in...Click the link and go...

Lo Finest Show #29
A E J O T Z

Audio files: 72

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What an interesting idea!

My 1983 synth experiments were recorded with a 4-track cassette recorder and I distributed the resulting album via cassette.

I've also distributed several cassette albums of my guitar-based original songs; some solo style (vox/gtr), some multi-tracked and some with band accompaniment.

I probably have about four hours of original cassette music from the 80s and 90s.

You state on your site that you are not interested in any new submissions. Too bad. Thanks for the idea, anyway.

http://aejotz.com
TapedRugsProductions

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey AE Jotz,

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I've got a lot of old home tapes from the 1980's and 1990's, and I only do about 4 Lo Finest broadcasts per year. I used to broadcast a lo watt pirate radio show every week and also used to write cassette reviews for Autoreverse back in the mid 1990's. So, not only would I get tapes from people who I traded my own work for directly (dating back to the earliest 1980's), but also I'd get all kinds of unsolicited tapes -- far more than I could pay proper attention to. Much of the idea of the Lo Finest Show is to showcase some of these old gems that deserve attention but were instead gathering dust in storage. That's why I don't solicit old tapes now for the show. Hopefully you can understand that.

I listened to some of the 1983 compositions that you posted on your website just now. Obviously you're a lover of old analog synthesizers, and you take a tuneful, harmonic approach in your work. I encourage your spirit and your creative efforts.

I'm curious, did you listen to any of the 29 Lo Finest Shows when you visited the website? Any of the music strike your fancy?

Good luck, and thanks again for making contact,
CIII
A E J O T Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your kind words!
I have not listened yet but I will.

I love the first and early efforts of musicians, before they get caught up in doing things the "right" way or worrying too much about their target audiences.

I also love "garage" recordings. There's usually lots of corny stereo effects and experimenting. Much more fun than slickly-produced "proper" records.

I have a little surprise for you, concerning my 1983 recordings. I played everything on a Casio MT-65. It's considered classic now but at the time it was derided by "serious" keyboardists as a toy. The guy in the music store even tried to talk me out of buying it, but I had fallen in love with its sound.

A E J O T Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been listening!! I love it!!
Talk about inventiveness!!

I'm so tired of the same old stuff. Your site is the cure!!

Thanks for sharing this great music.

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: