electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Here we go again :)
Page 2 of 3 [63 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
drumfish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i sent so many mails to clavia about a g2 update or a new g... these last few months : "apparently you don't realize what you've done with the G2 as no other manufacturer has brought such a synth, you can't forget about the G"
i got no reply except that : we can't give details but we don't forget our rewarded synth ... what is this suppose to mean ? only clavia knows
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPassenger wrote:
As I have just sold my G2 and spent the money I am going to be mega pi**ed if this time they do release a g3. Laughing

Now that would be a pisser!
dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now what? this time shouldn't be a new organ!

Nord Lead 4?
Nord Wave 2?
Nord Modular G3?

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/03/29/nord-introducing-new-synth-at-musikmesse-2013/

anigbrowl

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No new information here, this is just the same picture you posted in January. I don't know why synthtopia put this on the feed today.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, I forgot about it Embarassed
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about this?

http://www.nordlead4.com/

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm .. it is a clavia domain at least ... nordlead.com does the same thing btw. but not nordmodular.com (which also is a clavia domain).
anigbrowl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Registered just a few weeks ago though:
http://whois.domaintools.com/nordlead4.com

I will guess that this is The Answer, with a kind of relief I must admit.
alcofribas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's so great to have a bunch of obsessive Kremlinologists on this list. You guys do all the legwork, and I can just sit back and treat Claviology as a spectator sport. Otherwise me too I'd be googling feverishly.

I'm making sure I have a good popcorn supply ready for April!
loydb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Lead is my guess. I'd love it if I were wrong and it was a G3.
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-308797.html#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-42968.html
anigbrowl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot to say that after listening to the demo at nordlead4.com it does sound really really nice. I'm about to pull the trigger on an Elektron Analog Four, but I'm pleased to hear Clavia exploring different sonic territory - this is a much rougher and ruder tone than I would have expected to hear from them.
Derek Cook

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We await with interest.....

I new Nord Synth would be great. Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the audio file they have there:

http://nordlead4.com/media/ljud.mp3

The sound does not say anything sensible about the new Lead 4. This is just a teaser. The page code shows that they have Google Analytics sniffing the page traffic.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
anigbrowl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One presumes the sound was produced by the NL4; using some other sound source would defeat the purpose as people would be annoyed to discover they could not reproduce it.
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site was set up by Clavia.
The only thing they will reveal until now is the color Very Happy

The sound file is surely done by a NordLead and can be reproduced by a NordLead1 or NordLead2 using the Pelle mode...
I hear metal like sounds and delays shifting through harmonics.

A couple of years ago Clavia did research on the NordLead. They want to have the synth in production at least until 2015, which means it will make an outstanding record of being in production for more than 20 years. A record hard to break by other companies. Surely sales have slow down by now, so giving it a boost by making the Physical Modeling available and maybe adding some FX it could reach the end of the line!

Looking at the picture I think it will be a rack version with the same dimensions of the NordModular Classic rack, only with wooden sides.

Could it be backwards compatible?
Surely, because there is a lot of unused bytes in the SysEx files and the synth only uses these bytes it can use and skips others (NordLead1 will load NordLead2 SysEx even when the RingModulator is in use)
IMHO it has to be backwards compatible to appear in the GB of Records...

Wink

BTW Stein thanks for making the sound file audible to me!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting to see that have they chosen to go green with the NL4.. so this will be ecofriendly and sustainable synthesis. No more red Clavias.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Interestng to see that have they chosen to go green with the NL4..

Huh? I see no photos at all. Wherefore green?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's purple here anyway Confused
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
It's purple here anyway Confused

My G2 has a purple background for its mod wheel and pitch stick too.
teevee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope they release Nord Lead 4, because then I don’t need to get my money pocket up this year! Smile

Tips to Clavia: Just use the magic wordsWarm” “Retro sounding” and “Analog” Its cliché words, everyone uses because it’s promotional and used by all the synth companies to sell more.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing that would drag me back to electro-music.com, the announcement of a new Nord!

A new NL would make perfect sense, BUT with a modular engine, which is completely programmable over USB. ie, To most bods it's a plain polysynth with oscillators, filters etc laid out as would be expected, then under the hood...

But hey, wtf do I know? Haha! Wink

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
A new NL would make perfect sense, BUT with a modular engine, which is completely programmable over USB. ie, To most bods it's a plain polysynth with oscillators, filters etc laid out as would be expected, then under the hood...

My mind was wandering along a similar path to yours there! That would be too good to be true.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully they would also publish the API, so 3rd party developers could have a go at writing front-ends for the internal modular sound engine. The one singular issue with the Clavia Nord modulars is the continued software support .

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
... Looking at the picture I think it will be a rack version with the same dimensions of the NordModular Classic rack, only with wooden sides. ...
I made some new measurements on the picture and I conclude it is a normal keyboard synth, only with wooden sides...
It has the same slopes like the other ones, so she stays sexy Smile

Wout
KarmanHardon

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roland Kuit wrote:
A mock-up, sorry Wink
maker unknown

How many of us have glanced at this pic and immediately looked around the studio for stuff to sell to get this thing ASAP, if it was real?

Classified ads that go "Looking for a Nord MicroModular" are easier to come by than ads selling one.

At this point, I nightly dream of a keyboard that has reaktor in it... something I can just fire up and play.
Page 2 of 3 [63 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: