electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
ACX midi2cv need some code hacking
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: ACX midi2cv need some code hacking Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

I've built a ACX midi2cv interface, full version, for my Yusynth modular; and I think it misses a really important function for the polyphonic mode.
The current firmware make the polyphonic mode usable for "normal" keyboard players, but I don't like the way it triggers the voices.
I'd like to play the 4 voices of polyphony with a rotating trigger like it is on many old poly synths (I love how the OBX trigs its voice boards).
It will allow interesting stuff with poly timbral patches and won't retrig the same voice if key is released before the second note is played.
I'm not sure to be really clear, but I'd like some help to hack the firmware to add this "rotating" function. It may replace the actual one midi channel poly mode if possible or need a selector on the front panel; I don't know what's the easiest way to do that.

However I'm not a code guy, really, and I've asked Alain (ACX Synth) to do this mod many times with no luck.

So please could some great coder here add the bit of code to the firmware please? or give me some clue to figure what to write in the current code to add this function?

Thanks a lot for your help!

http://www.acxsynth.com/midi2cv/midi2cvfr.htm
ejr27233

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry my coding skills arent up to much but can I ask some advice?

When I tried to burn the chip for ver 2.3 a message came up saying some configeration details were missing from the hex file. What configeration settings did you use to get this to work? Everything I tried failed.

John
mph

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if it will help you, but here is a quote (google translation) from the man itself concerning loading the program into the PIC:
Quote:
Thus, at the beginning of my program, you have the list of all fuses used in comment, then the fuses are indicated clearly in the configuration line:
__CONFIG (INTIO & WDTDIS & PWRTEN & MCLREN & UNPROTECT & BORDIS & FCMDIS & DEBUGDIS & LVPDIS);

Then it is easy, you either ask the compiler to use this line which is still the easiest, or you set your compiler stupidly copying this line. When it finally does it mean DIS Disable when it finally does it mean ENable IN.

Finally, do not check any protection options.

Otherwise I didn't burn my PIC myself: a friend did this for me at his work. If you need more information I can ask him to know what software setup he used.
ejr27233

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I managed to miss that bit of the instructions as I was using just the Hex file.
If you could ask your friend what software set up he used it would be very helpful
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Burning the hex file does just work with the MPLAB X software and a PicKit 2. I didn't have to change any parameters or config bits, just use the burning application that comes with MPLAB.
ejr27233

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just spent an hour trying to burn a pic and I've reached the conclusion that theres something wrong with my PicKit2.

Anyone out there who can sell me a burnt chip for a paypal payment??
capicoso

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ejr27233 wrote:
I've just spent an hour trying to burn a pic and I've reached the conclusion that theres something wrong with my PicKit2.

Anyone out there who can sell me a burnt chip for a paypal payment??

hey, at my local electronic store i bought a pic, and went with the HEX code and told them to burn it for me... the pic costed like 4$ and they burnt it for 2$ or so. You could ask in your area if they offer that service
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: