electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
problem with arpegiator patch
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: problem with arpegiator patch
Subject description: (pitch, glitch, desync, etc...)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all!

First, it's REALY nice to be there. I had a G2X 5 years ago. It's now time for me to get back up to date with my new G2.

I play with an arpegiator patch but sometime the pitch is wrong or I hear glitch. I have the feeling that the clock is unstable.

Is it because my arp patch is on slot A and my synth patch is on slot B ?

When I search on the forum I find this topic :

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=clock&t=56557

Is it my problem ? Can I have to use a Clocked Delay with value "5" ? Im trying now without succes.

Is it the clock from the G2, can I fix this issue if the G2 is on slave mode ?

I upload the patch. You can hear the glitch, desync or wrong pitch note after 5 seconds, less or more.

Thanks !

arp-glitch-issue.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.83 KB
 Viewed:  482 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

arp-glitch-issue.JPG

arp-glitch-issue.prf2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  arp-glitch-issue.prf2
 Filesize:  7.54 KB
 Downloaded:  4173 Time(s)

varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to the electro-music forum Electromagnetic Wave Exclamation

Yes, I can hear the unwanted glitch in your patch, but it does not appear to be related to the sequencer step delay problem that I described in the link that you posted here. Instead, it appears to be related to a problem with the record function of the sequencer module at the bottom of column 2 in Slot A. When I disconnect the Record value and gate inputs of this sequencer, then the patch runs normally without any glitches Shocked That’s weird Exclamation

Tim Kleinert also mentioned that he ran into some weird behavior with the record function of the sequencer modules here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-376651.html&highlight=#376651

Tim Kleinert wrote:
...BTW, the recording functionality of the note sequencer (blue "Rec" input etc.) is also a minefield of weird delay behaviour. Rolling Eyes
I stumbled on all this as I was trying to build a non-volatile RAM circuit with fast access times around cascaded note sequencers. (Part of a self-calibrating physical modelling patch, which I then shelved.)

Maybe these two record problems are related and are a separate bug from the sequencer step delay problem.

Electromagnetic Wave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks varice!

You're right! As soon as I plug a wire into the Record value and gate inputs of this sequencer, the glitch start. I have to dig into the record function of the sequencer modules. Yesturday I see a new patch from Tim Kleinert to record MIDI note (60 seconds). I will check this patch too.

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-297381.html#297381

Smile
varice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
...Tim Kleinert also mentioned that he ran into some weird behavior with the record function of the sequencer modules here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-376651.html&highlight=#376651

Tim Kleinert wrote:
...BTW, the recording functionality of the note sequencer (blue "Rec" input etc.) is also a minefield of weird delay behaviour. Rolling Eyes
I stumbled on all this as I was trying to build a non-volatile RAM circuit with fast access times around cascaded note sequencers. (Part of a self-calibrating physical modelling patch, which I then shelved.)

Tim is right, of course Exclamation

I did a test that confirms that connecting any signal to either of the Note Sequencer module Record inputs causes the pitch step output to be delayed by a few DSP cycles, but NOT the trigger/gate output Shocked This pitch step delay is in *addition* to the already confirmed sequencer modules control signal and trigger/gate step delay reported here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-56557.html

This problem really is a bug because of the trigger/gate output always occurring before the pitch step change.

So, in the perf attached in the original post above, the pitch step value is always (or almost) one sequencer step behind when the trigger output occurs.

A workaround for this bug, for example, is to add a Logic Delay module between the trigger output of the Note Sequencer and the gate input of the MIDI Note Send module as is done in this perf fix:

arp_glitch_fix.prf2
 Description:
A workaround for the Note Sequencer module Record bug.

Download
 Filename:  arp_glitch_fix.prf2
 Filesize:  7.73 KB
 Downloaded:  4301 Time(s)

varice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just did a search and found that this bug had already been reported years ago:

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=note+sequencer+bug&t=20088

Electromagnetic Wave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Tim is right (arno too!) but thanks to you to find the bug in my patch. And you find a workaround (same as arno reported before) Smile
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: