electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Nobody Cares
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Lucy

Audio files: 94

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Nobody Cares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbv45PmF7xc
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, laid back. Are you going to add more to it--like more layers?
Lucy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
Nice, laid back. Are you going to add more to it--like more layers?

Thanks. This version that you can hear is just a small version of my tune. I always release short music in low resolution because I have a UMTS stick for internet and it takes about 4 hours to upload a musicvideo thats about 8 MB big, years ago with DSL 16000 I could upload 1 GB in about 5 minutes, but with this UMTS stick I have a speed of about 50 kbit/s and its mostly a lot slower because the quality of the connection is sometimes very bad. It takes about 5 minutes till the google logo is loaded with my new UMTS stick. So its really ultra slow. No matter if I use chrome, opera or firexfox or something else.

Because of this I can´t upload in higher soundquality or longer tunes / musicvideos. Even if I convert down to 32 khz and 8 bit its still uploading almost 3 hours if the song is about 1 minute long. UMTS is really silly, no idea why they call it "modern technology". I got my laptop for free because I made this contract with this UMTS stick.

Thats the reason why I have it, so I can´t get DSL anymore, because than I would need to pay the UMTS contract AND the DSL contract and thats to much money every month. Already the UMTS stick costs 30 euros so its extremly expansive bullshit what they sell you, but there was no other way to get a laptop, so I needed to do it. The laptop is not even fast. Its a slow 1,6 ghz laptop. 2003 I had a AMD 4000+ and it was light years faster. No idea why they sell you 2013, 10 years later, something thats 100 times slower and call this modern technology. I don´t need to understand this silly world. It makes no sense. Whatever you talk about. They just sell you shit for a lot money.

Years ago I could upload without problems in a few minutes my music in 96 khz and 32 bit quality, but at the moment even 32 khz and 8 bit takes many hours for the uploading process. SoundCloud not even starts to load, because it takes about 10 minutes till the page starts to appear and after this the site crashes because the connection is to slow and weak. I really hate it. Anyway, thanks for your positive comment so at least I got 1 reaction for this uploaded tune of mine on internet.
A E J O T Z

Audio files: 148

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice tune!

Do you have access to any other PCs? If I had internet connection limitations like yours I'd put the tunes on a jump/flash drive and use a PC at the public library, or a friend's PC, to upload the tunes.

free albums at http://aejotz.bandcamp.com
listen to genre-defying synthetic music at http://sat-5.com
Potpot

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice tune, I really like the beat and atmosphere. Doesnt necessarily need more layers in my opinion. But that explanation is weird haha, why not just use another PC?!
Lucy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A E J O T Z wrote:
Nice tune!

Do you have access to any other PCs? If I had internet connection limitations like yours I'd put the tunes on a jump/flash drive and use a PC at the public library, or a friend's PC, to upload the tunes.

Thanks. Its not easy to find access to internet in my city because they closed all 2 internet-cafes were you pay money to get internet access and the library does not allows to upload from USB or HDD. So I had a little luck this morning. I could upload from someone else´s computer a high resolution track from me:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-58161.html

But I don´t know if it sounds better because its heavy processed and intense mixed @ 32+ bits and 96 khz. On my AKG 701 everything sounds very good, so I can´t know in a objective way if it sounds in a objective way good. Its necessary to listen to it over different speakers, so maybe you people can tell me how the sound sounds. It should sound high and very white, but not polished. I don´t like lower frequencies so my music always has mostly no lower frequencies. Anyway, enjoy it. I don´t work in higher resolutions to make it sound polished or cleaner. The effect that I enjoy so much while processing all effects and edits at higher resolutions is the greater bandwith. Its not that it sounds "better", its more that it sounds "like it has more bandwith".
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: