electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
How to enable & use LFOs on Andromeda?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
bluecloud

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: How to enable & use LFOs on Andromeda?
Subject description: Not very simple
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,

Recently picked up an Andromeda. I'm having difficulty enabling or using the LFOs:

- Only LFO1 seems to make any sort of (weak) vibrato sound, and only if I increase the MOD wheel level
- LFO 2, LFO3 do nothing when I turn the RATE knob
- S&H does nothing when I turn the knob
- I ENABLE the LFOs in their MOD menu, and still nothing.

I was reading the manual and it says something about having to set the LFO as a source? I've tried changing the destination to Frequency, Amplitude etc and selecting various sources on the LFO MOD menu, but nothing seems to change the sound of LFO1, or enable the other LFOs/S&H.

I guess I'm used to synths like Virus B, Novation KS4 where you just turn the rate knob and adjust how much LFO you want to apply to the oscillators or whatever, and it just works -- and is very audible in that regard.

Thus far I can barely hear LFO1, and only if the MOD wheel is tilted upwards... the others do nothing no matter how much I turn the knob or change source/destination settings.

DO I have a broken Andromeda or is this a common issue? I'm just not clear how to make them work.

Thanks for any help.
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Andromeda is a bit reverse from the synths you are used to, in that you select the destination mod menu, and from there, select the source that you want to apply to the destination

For instance, try selecting "mod 1" in Osc 1, select Mod 1, activate it, and select LFO2 and the amount. The rate should now clearly do something.
bluecloud

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks very much soundwave. I think I've gotten the hang of it, even if it is a long roundabout process to setup... pressing the MOD button on whatever component and I want to modulate with the LFO, selecting the LFO in the menu, adjusting the levels of both the destination and LFO itself... anyway, this process seems to hold true for modulating anything on the Andromeda, not just LFOs so I'm glad you were able to help explain it. Cheers.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: