electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Online Music
Quiet Rotations
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Omega Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Quiet Rotations Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://soundcloud.com/omega-wood/nitrostirumpa-quiet-rotations
Louigi Verona

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty nice, although short!
Omega Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Louigi Verona wrote:

Here is the video that I used for my tune for YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBNxh8_tHyE

Actually I wrote a philosophical text and I explained that we can´t find a escape out of the aquarium and I see the water inside the skull as the aquarium and the mind and self inside the brain as a deep sea like lifeform so I composed a tune to make humans get able to feel how I mean all this but my music wasn´t enough to make people find this feeling I tried to describe and "capture" so I used this video from Moby because he is inside a aquarium and can´t get out of it and in combination with my tune this hole thing has a huge meaning to describe things that go far beyond human understanding and the "known" human awareness.
Omega Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Louigi Verona wrote:

I just wrote Moby a mail and that Moby can have my track and that I allow Moby to release my track here on one of his future albums:

Nitrostirumpa - Quiet Rotations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBNxh8_tHyE

Because a few people told me that they think I sound better than Moby with this track.

I wish he would have composed this track here from me and released it 1995. It was not easy to make this tune here sound like it sounds because the sound design idea was to make the vortex between the transients distorted that got transmorphed trough between the range of the values of the dehisser and the filters.

And after all this complex sound design should sound quiet but loud enough for the export as a WMV file on YouTube. That was very difficult to work out because it sounded everytime exactly how it should not sound. On SoundCloud it sounds to silent, even if its extremly boosted.

YouTube gave it a soft saturation and a hard sharp sound behaviour. If you work with such a liquid soft sound construct you will get easy in trouble because the sound behaviour is to sensitive for any edits and filters. If you work with breakcore, trip hop or jungle its again very easy. Anyway, from all tunes that I did is this one here the most complex one on sonical levels. I did not used a echo. I used a slow motion tremolo. Because a slow motion tremolo sounds dry and the same like a echo if its processed in a certain way, but its difficult and complex.

Like I say, this track here is the most complex tune I ever designed. In my mind it sounded even better, but I couldn´t get the sound exactly like it sounded in my thoughts. My thoughts colored the sound I guess. But thats a quantum mechanics area and that would be worth writing a few books about how the mind and its thoughts "color" and "shape" the sound that you have within your imagination.

It was like painting a picture with very fine details while you look trough a highly advanced microscopic lense. I used 2 different soundcards and 3 different headphones to create this sound.The AKG 701 mastering reference headphone helped at least more than the Sennheiser 598 because the 701 has a clearer and a higher sound resolution.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: