electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Trouble Saving New Patch To Synth
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Redline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject:  Trouble Saving New Patch To Synth
Subject description: SOLVED!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Macbook Pro w/ 10.7.5 >> M-Audio UNO USB/MIDI >> Micro

All seems to work fine, can open, edit and create patches BUT I don't seem to be able to save a new patch to the Micro. The UNO and the Micro are all being recognised.

When I follow he steps that come up under "Save In Synth" (Slot A etc.) it won't overwrite a patch already in the Micro's memory. Synth sits with the -- on the display.

Any suggestions? Seems weird that this is the only thing not working.

Last edited by Redline on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have the Micro memory protect turned off?
Redline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where is that function? Somewhere within Nomad?

Might be I've missed it... Confused
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops! My mistake. After checking the manual, it appears that the Micro does not have a memory protect setting like the big brother G1 (which can only be set by using the System menu on the synth, not the Editor).

A search of the forum revealed this topic with a post that may answer your question (I don't have Nomad loaded, so I can't verify if it works):

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-27255.html

Monotremata wrote:
Ok just went and checked this out this morning while getting a random itch to play with my Micro Mod..

Did some stuff and noticed the following behavior (please shoot me if this has already been posted)...

You cannot save any patch opened from your hard drive directly to a Bank# in the Nord. It has to be opened and saved to Slot A and ONLY Slot A first.

After its saved in Slot A, make sure youre still on that patches tab in Nomad (the patch name should now have an (A) after it telling you its in Slot A)..

NOW you can select Save in Synthesizer and it will go into whatever bank you select..

You cannot simultaneously do Save in Slot A and Save in Bank either...
It will only go to Slot A then..
After you load the patch in Slot A and are ready to commit it permanently to the Nord, when you go to save it in the Bank, make sure the Save in Slot A box is unchecked or youll just sit and run around in circles getting nowhere…

Redline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perfect - solved! Very Happy

I was doing the Slot and Bank saves simultaneously and chasing my tail as a result....

Thanks, appreciate the help.
monotremata

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havent been around awhile but you quoting my post there had me laughing..

That was probably the last time Nomad ever worked for me heh. Two macs later, I still cant get it to work anymore..
Redline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get the impression that I'm kind of "getting away" with using a Mac - it works fine generally but can be a bit temperamental starting up and occasionally flaky communicating with the Micro. My Mac is due an OS upgrade at some point which will likely blow it for good.

Luckily I also have a PC around the place and the official Clavia editor seems fairly solid using that.
monotremata

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah mine magically started working again yesterday for whatever reason. Thing hasnt worked in like 3 or 4 years now and all of a sudden it decided to talk to my Micro.

Im sticking with Snow Leopard on my Mac as long as I can. Aside from the Clavia editor, I have too much stuff that relies on Rosetta to move to Lion right now..
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Jump to: