electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Chuck Users from Coursera IPMDA course by Ajay Kapur
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
zeffii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Chuck Users from Coursera IPMDA course by Ajay Kapur
Subject description: I think some of us are not liking the idea that the forums on coursera will be frozen at some point
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello World!

This board may heat up for a bit with influx from the coursera course. Any other courserians around? I'm really having a lot more fun with ChucK than can be healthy. I bring gifts!

Together with tildebyte I've been developing a ChucK addon for SublimeText3, it's rather nice and works well with ChucK. Some people may be interested in it.

And during the course of the weeks i've written a repository of utility functions that people may find useful.
SSteve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking forward to using Sublime Text for this week's assignment.
zeffii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: hey steve! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the moment there is no support for adding / remove threads through some UI interface, everything will need to be done from Machine.add() or something.

Hopefully I'll have this threading figured out before the deadline or ..will be occasionally forced to use the miniAudicle ( it's not thaaat bad.. just painful to code in as it stands )
Orriols

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! I like the idea of moving the community here, seems like the right place. See you!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome folks
joesh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea, just read the thread over on Coursera and thought I'd pop over here to check out what's here.
VanessaVan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wanted to drop in and say hi Very Happy
I hope the discussions can continue here when the course is over~
zeffii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Vanessa! good to see you around here.

SSteve, did you manage to use SublimeText yet? I can't imagine using miniAudicle to input code
zeffii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell and you too, good to see site admin activity :)

This week we learned how to use classes in chuck, now the rabbit hole has expanded indefinitely. Time for some leaner code :]
jkant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just registered.
Warm regards to all classmates! Smile
I've uploaded the final project today and I'm in the middle of the week 8.
I think this is one of the best courses I have ever attended and chucK is a wonderful tool.

Read you soon!
fretless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The class was really good. ChucK is working much better now than the last time I looked at it. I hope to find an habitual time slot for ChucK programming from now on because it's really fun. Very Happy
panos57

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Lecture videos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everybody, unfortunately I had to give up almost after the third week because of some personal issues. I've started downloading the videos but the course closed while I had only downloaded up to week two! Is there any chance that anyone has downloaded the videos and might be willing to share them via Dropbox or any similar service? Thanks in advance.
heliocentric

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's cool to see other students from Coursera here! I just got registered on this site today. I pretty much spent all of January making programs in ChucK. I loved the class, but I just couldn't wait to not have to follow all the rules that each assignment involved, and just make whatever I wanted.
Someone...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in pretty much the same boat as panos. I had downloaded all the lectures but my computer crashed. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would share them.
jkant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hoping that no one gets angry...

http://jkant.blogspot.it/2014/03/introduction-to-programming-for.html

Someone...

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot jkant! I had gotten out of programming in this language because I had a hard time getting started but I think this will help me get back into it.
foxglove

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Sound files for Week 3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone, does anyone have that sound file download for week 3 from the course? Thanks
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Jump to: