electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Cv Sequencer output from the modular g1
Page 1 of 3 [59 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
tama2d2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Cv Sequencer output from the modular g1
Subject description: cv output without mods, only patches
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, i've created a cv sequencer that enables you to create an analog sequencer with 16 steps with pitch (output phones) and gate (out 2 or right) Note: 33 changes of the pitch up and 32 down in the sequencer notes correspond to 12 tones of an octave upper or an octave lower.

the gate 16 steps was created with 32 steps because Every one needs a silence behind in order to reactivate the following.

I hope you will. They were tested with a Doepfer system and work perfectly.

Sorry about my english

http://www.hispasonic.com/forums.html?controller=forum&action=view_attachment&attachment_id=154929

Description in French & Spanish:

cv sequencer permet créer un sequenceur analogique 16 pas avec pitch out (sortie phones out) et un gate (sortie out 2 ou right) merci de noter que 33 variations du pitch vers le haut et 32 vers le bas du sequenceur de notes correspondent aux 12 tons d'une octave de plus ou une octave de moins.

le gate de 16 pas à été crée avec 32 pas car chaqu'un a besoin d'un silence derrière pour pouvoir réactiver le suivant.

J'espère qui vous servira. Ils ont été testés avec un système doepfer et fonctionnent à la perfection.

"secuenciador cv" un secuenciador de 16 pasos (aunque se puede ampliar hasta 64 para quien lo desee) para sintes analógicos programados con el micromodular. Probado en el dark energy funciona perfecto (unico bemol!: una octava de mas se hace añadiendo 33 subidas de tono a la nota original, una octava de menos se hace bajando 32 bajadas de tono a la nota original. No he podido de otro modo, asi que hay que calcular las conversiones - 33 variaciones son 12 semitonos - . Señalar también que los 32 pasos del gate corresponden en realidad a 16 pasos reales ya que cada paso necesita un silencio detras para reactivarse de nuevo el siguiente.

Lo he probado en el moog y no va bien, creo que porque el moog funciona en otro voltaje para el gate y el pitch

Salida Phones envia las notas,

salida out 2 (right) envia el gate

A disfrutarlo señores
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked So, the G1 headphone output is DC coupled Exclamation I did not know that.

Thanks for posting this news.

I just tested my G2 Keyboard headphone output, and it is also capable of passing a DC voltage. It can produce a voltage range slightly greater than +8 to -8 volts. The output voltage is inverted in relation to the polarity of the G2 patch signal, but that is not a big problem.

tama2d2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm very glad to help you, it's a great "new" feature

i enjoy it massively with the sequencer, or an lfo's, or other stuffs Very Happy

here a little demo of the cv sequencer in a micro modular linked with a dark energy

Sorry but it is in spanish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw5TIuQQxp4&list=PLEg_sTxP2KQjerUwx0gBIGu8V_WJeW7aT

Cheers
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked

that took like 15 years to find out, or what was it?

Great find!

tama2d2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks! Wink
tama2d2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I discover it after to buy the phone app "brute lfo" thats uses the phone's output to send an cv lfo....

after that i said to myself... i'm sure that's possible with the microdoluar! and after 2 days of experimentation i built one lfo cv output... after that the cv sequencer comes out easily

that's all folks Very Happy
varice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tama2d2 wrote:
I'm very glad to help you, it's a great "new" feature

i enjoy it massively with the sequencer, or an lfo's, or other stuffs Very Happy...

You can even use it as a MIDI to CV Note Pitch/Gate convertor Exclamation

Several years ago I modified my Nord Modular G2X synth to get a DC CV signal output to control/modulate the cutoff frequency of a moogerfooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter pedal to use as an external analog filter module. It works great. Check this out:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-12266.html

But it now appears that modification is not mandatory to achieve my goal. I’m not sure now why I did not check the headphone output at the time for DC CV output. Embarassed I can only guess that I had incorrectly assumed that the headphone output was also DC blocked as are the signals to the audio output jacks. I think that maybe I had also assumed that the output 3 and 4 busses were also routed to the headphone amp, but that is NOT the case (at least on my G2 Keyboard running OS 1.62 or my G2X running OS 1.40). I need to do some more testing to see if it works as well using the headphone output for the CV signal…

varice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
...I need to do some more testing to see if it works as well using the headphone output for the CV signal…

It works Exclamation Razz

Gracias Nacho thumb up

severence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great find, this going to be really useful!! Thanks very much! Very Happy
tama2d2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're welcome Varice! i'm very glad for you! jackson dancing jackson dancing jackson dancing
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks X 1 000 000 tama2d2 !!! Good deduction from the phone app.

Quote:

haha! that's funny! What's next ?! Smile
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow insane! Great find! Very Happy
dasz

G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome! Thanks tama2d2!!! That made my weekend.
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great find! Smile
klangumsetzer

Audio files: 32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Eike
avantronica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to save other G1 owners getting too excited, the voltages max out for me at 1.8 +/- on both the keys and mm, still handy but nothing like the 8v described above !
BobTheDog

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Shocked

Great find!

To be honest I'm disappointed in you Jan, I thought you knew everything about the G2.

Maybe now Wink
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just been thinking about it (out walking the dog in the pub), as there are 2 outputs would it be possible to use one as a clock and the other as a multiplexed signal and knock some hardware together to demultiplex this to multiple cv outs, like a clocked S&H sort of thingy?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

right Shocked Laughing

Yeah multiplexing would be possible, and then while you're at it for the NM Classic could amp the signal up a bit too ... let's say by 8 / 1.8

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But not just using a clock .. you would need a frame sync too to sync up synthside and audio side channel numbering.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
But not just using a clock .. you would need a frame sync too to sync up synthside and audio side channel numbering.

Good point Sad
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could that just be done with different voltages (on the clock signal) though?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Possible, yes, hey we seem to re-invent analog TV Shocked
varice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

avantronica wrote:
...the voltages max out for me at 1.8 +/- on both the keys and mm...

That seems to be too low. Are you sure that you are getting the maximum patch signal level to the output?

I found a note where I recorded several years ago that my G1 Rack could produce about 6.4 volts peak-to-peak before clipping.

klangumsetzer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you own for example the Moog CP-251 you can use the inbuilt attenuators to adjust the voltage.

Eike
Page 1 of 3 [59 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: