electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Equipment/Software Wanted and For Sale
FS/FT:UK Yamaha CX5M Music computer, untested(able!)/spares
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: FS/FT:UK Yamaha CX5M Music computer, untested(able!)/spares
Subject description: Trades preferred
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All

I got a yamaha cx5m as part of a trade, its unfortunately the older verison so cant be used as a midi expander. Ive got no way of testing it, as it needs a weird psu, and monitor. It comes with the original manual and the yrm101 music cartridge, a very basic sequencer as far as i hjave researched, but no (piano) keyboard.

http://home.online.no/~eiriklie/CX5MFAQ.html for more info

Now I personally would like to use it as an enclosure for a drum machine, but some might say this would be sacrilidge, so im just seeing if anyone might be able to make use of it.

I would be happy if it went to someone who could make use of it, so trades for almost anything considered. Paritcularly DIY PCBs, parts, cheap fx, broken things? etc. I cant see it being worth more than about £30??? The manual is mint and the cartridge looks in good nick, but again untested.

id also be happy to send off the internal pcb for cost of poastage only (i keep the box AND my conscience is clear!, Cool ). TBPH this would make me the happiest.v

Trades preferred in the spirit of all things nice.

So yeah, if anyone is hunting for these old boxes , let me know, hopefully i can help you out.

Cheers, Ben
telstarmagikistferrari

Audio files: 43

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God, I'd love to have the thing.. I'm in the Derided States though, shipping could be a bear. I have a few pieces of gear around here, you mentioned drum machines?
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

While i could be persuaded to post to the US, or DS as you call it!, im afraid that a few buttons have been taken for spares, so it is now missing about 4 buttons / keys. Also, ive since put the manual and cartridge and manual on ebay.

Ive also taken the internal pcbs out. Happy to try to put it back together and send over but will obviously be a fixer upper, and can offer no guarantees.

Sorry. I had no responses, and literally did last night.

Let me know via pm if you are still interested on this basis. It would have to be quick so i can pull the ebay listings.

Regards
Ben
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Equipment/Software Wanted and For Sale
Jump to: