electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Behringer Xenyx 1202
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
A E J O T Z

Audio files: 73

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Behringer Xenyx 1202
Subject description: miniature mixer for my 60th birthday
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have needed a mixer since I started playing music back in the late 60s. But I'm stubborn and stupid so I just bought one for my 60th birthday present. That's today, by the way. Yes I'm 60. Boooo!

Anyway, I have two mono synths, three stereo boards and a mic I wanted to have plugged in all the time. I hate having to change cords and cord configurations for several frustrating minutes every time I change instruments. Now I have everything plugged in and ready to go. I just power up and play whatever board I feel like. Whoopee!

I just now put myself in a frikkin trance. I made a looping progression on the Microbrute, MIDI'd the PSR-520 (Xenon Pad) to the Microkorg (strings) and on the other side put the Tomita whistle on the CZ-101. I was playing the MK/Yam with my right hand and the CZ with my left hand. Half an hour flew by as I noodled all kinds of layers over the MB sequence. Whew!

I have never ever played multiple boards like that before. It was a blast. Happy birthday to me. But, as they say on talk radio, that's not why I called.

I "called" to review the mixer. It's tiny, it's cute, it's easy to use and it works fantastically. I can't believe how clean it is. I can't tell it's there, in the audio, that is. I'm actually running all instruments into the 1202, then out to my Boss BR-600 recorder and from there to my stereo amp. And the boards all sound as clean as if they were plugged straight into the amp. Yes, that's also an endorsement of the BR-600. It rocks.

My desktop is adorable with my little mixer, little recorder, microbrute and mini-laptop, all about the same size. My two twin-tiered keyboard racks covered with junk aren't quite as cute. I should take a photo and post it.

The 1202 was only $89.99 USD new with warranty. There's a version with a bunch of built in effects for about $20 more, but I don't use many effects. I like nice clean boinginess.

I also experimented today with running the sound from the Microbrute and the CZ through the Microkorg filter, phaser, etc. It was far out, man. That Korg filter sounds sweet on those weird CZ waves.

I better close down shop and put my tired 60 year old bones to bed now.

http://aejotz.com
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 266

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday!!! party! jackson dancing banana

And congrats on the new mixer.

You know, you are never older than a few years, since every single molecule in your body gets swapped out over time. It's juts the memories that are left. Smile

PHOBoS

Audio files: 368

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

happy birthday party!

I have the 1202FX myself and it's a nice little mixer,. Can't say it sounds really clean though,.
that is if I max the gain on a channel without an input it produces a lot of noise. Also the knobs feel kinda shitty,
as if they can break of very easily. However considering the cost it's a pretty damn nice mixer
and I have not regretted buying it at all. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 169

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday!

it seems hard to believe you've never owned a mixer.

Home,My Studio,and another view
onewayness

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm on my second of those (the 1202FX though). Agreed with Phobos re: the quality, though at the price, when it breaks, you just buy another one without much heartache, which is exactly what I did.

And that bit of noise makes it a dandy zero-input mixer. Laughing

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: