electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Any Information will do please
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
LuvA6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Any Information will do please
Subject description: Panning in the Andromeda
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello great Andromeda user's, A noob question how is panning used in the A6, I am a little confused, it seems when ever I move the panning knob nothing happens?, I am doing this in my head phones, however I am not hearing any effects, good example is when I was watching a tutorial video on youtube, where a guy I believe his name is "gstormelectro" is demonstrating Tempo Synchronization etc... there is apart later in that tutorial where he talks about setting up the sequencer, any way he somehow modulates the pan using the LFO nice effect btw, I understand this is a relatively simple and straight forward procedure however I followed him step by step even in the sound design previously, and I cant seem to get the same effect as his? Am I doing something wrong I just don't understand what I am missing, if any one can shed some light on this topic or any info in how to use the pan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sham
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Information will do please
Subject description: Panning in the Andromeda
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The pan knob sets the main voice out pan. If you aren't hearing it I'm not sure what's going on; the only thing I can think of is that the effects might be obscuring the pan settings (for example, a strong ping pong type delay or reverb might obscure any individual pan setting). Turn the effects off and see if you notice.

The "mod" button in the Voice Mix / Output section brings up a menu that allows you to assign any modulation source (including LFO) to the main or aux pan.
LuvA6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks appreciate the info I'll give it a try, do you think just for testing purposes, if I was to start an initialilsed patch and go and use the pan knob straight away moving it left or right I should hould hear panning?
soundwave106

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LuvA6 wrote:
Thanks appreciate the info I'll give it a try, do you think just for testing purposes, if I was to start an initialilsed patch and go and use the pan knob straight away moving it left or right I should hould hear panning?

Yes, you absolutely should.
LuvA6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok so here's what i discovered, I insert my headphones into the headphone jack on the Andromeda and panning left or right seems fine, now I have my Andromeda (L/R Jack output) connected directely into my Focusrite Saffire 56, when I try panning nothing happens, I also tried listening to the pan with headphones connected to the same interface? Any thoughts

Thank you
soundwave106

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I'd check the interface routing then (the "Saffire Mix Control" I guess described on the website?).

I know that with my interface (RME Fireface 800), you can use the routing matrix to set inputs up either way. Two inputs can be summed / routed to the headphones, monitors, etc. monophonically. Or two inputs can be set up to route to the headphones, monitors, etc. as a stereo L/R signal. It sounds like the interface has your channels configured as monophonic (which makes sense as that interface doesn't have just line only inputs).

The DAW configuration can be somewhat separate from the internal routing as well; for instance, in Reaper I have to select the stereo pair I want to monitor in order to record a stereo signal regardless of how I've configured the routing.
LuvA6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhhhhhh thank you soo much it turns out I had to sum up Andy's Left and right into one to hear, you've been a massive help and I thought my Andromeda was broken 😂
soundwave106

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool to hear. Smile
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: