electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal - Does it fit with the G2X?
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
BigShort

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal - Does it fit with the G2X? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would really like to buy this unexpensive Controller/Expression Pedal. All what i read about was very impressing:

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/accessories/ep-3-expression-pedal
High quality universal expression pedal for keyboards, synthesizers, and instrument pedals with external polarity switch, output level knob, and included 6.5’ cable.High quality universal expression pedal for keyboards, synthesizers, and instrument pedals with external polarity switch, output level knob, and included 6.5’ cable.

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Ratings/Comments/ratings-SYN0004509-000
Das Moog Expression Pedal EP-3 wird härtesten Anforderungen gerecht. Durch die neu konzipierte Hebemechanik lässt dich das Pedal sehr ausdruckstark spielen. Der Polaritätsschalter macht das Pedal kompatibel zu fast jedem Hersteller von Keyboards mit Expression oder CV Eingang und macht es zu einem idealen Begleiter der Mooger- und MiniFooger. Ein abnehmbares Kabel unterstreicht mal wieder durchdachtes Design und Funktionalität aus dem Hause Moog.
Features:
Extrem robust, 6,3 Klinkenausgang an der Frontseite, Potentiometer zur Regelung des Outputs, TRS - TRS Kabel im Lieferung enthalten, Gewicht ca. 1,2 kg

I hope anybody use it allready and can write about his experience or anybody else could give some hints for another goodone.
I would like to controll all what i can do with the modwheel and the volume if its possible.

Thx in advance
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a couple of these, they have worked with everything I have tried them with. I will connect one up to the G2 tomorow and get back to you....
BigShort

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh thank you Bob, that would be really nice from you, many thx for your effort
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoops, sorry I forgot. Will give it a go tomorow. In my reminder list now!
BigShort

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no problem Bob, take your time! I'm happy getting replays of just one of this fantastic community, hehe
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I have two of these pedals.

I tried one and it was all over the place, very wonky.

Then I tried the second one I have and it worked fine, I attached a ctrlsend module and the range was good from 0 - 127 and control of params was smooth.

So I guess they work fine and one of my pedals is bust, it's been stuck in a box with loads of other crap for a while so maybe something has happened to it.

They are not the most robust pedal and are very light so they move around a bit, and they have a bit of a ratchet type noise when you use them but they are cheap!
BigShort

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Bob,

many thanx for your fast test & answer. Sorry for your very wonky piece, that is not nice.

Your comment "Then I tried the second one I have and it worked fine, I attached a ctrlsend module and the range was good from 0 - 127 and control of params was smooth." sounds very promising and helpful.

I don't understand that your EP 3 is very light, it should be 2.6 lbs or 1.15 kg, it's heavier than others. Look at this comparisation chart:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_compare.html?art[]=102890&art[]=102920&art[]=129443&art[]=195660&art[]=114986&gk=TAKYVP&kf=on&oa=ala&pc=show

The ratchet type noise is maybe repairable with a bit oil or nonfluid oil. Did you try it?

But anyway, i should give it a try..
Many thanx Smile
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: