electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
PHOBoS - Tez Thing with Numbers (excerpt)
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: PHOBoS - Tez Thing with Numbers (excerpt)
Subject description: Stickney Numbers Station (March 21, 2014)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

an excerpt from a longer session, recorded March 21, 2014

Tez Thing with Numbers - Cover art.jpg
 Description:
Tez Thing with Numbers artwork
 Filesize:  43.66 KB
 Viewed:  616 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Tez Thing with Numbers - Cover art.jpg

PHOBoS - Tez Thing with Numbers (excerpt) (Mar 21, 2014).mp3
 Description:
PHOBoS - Tez Thing with Numbers (excerpt) (Mar 21, 2014)

Download
 Filename:  PHOBoS - Tez Thing with Numbers (excerpt) (Mar 21, 2014).mp3
 Filesize:  47.3 MB
 Downloaded:  1750 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 4 7 8 6 ... not all are intelligible .. 9 5 8 .. 31 .. 6 ... the Tez may fail .. but its nice to listen to!
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucy

Audio files: 94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Phobos, may we do a little interview right here?

I just have 6 questions, simple ones by the way, except for the last questions, so lets start. It would be cool to learn something from someone like you, because you seem to be very much into experimental ideas.

I heard also other people that got very good experimental music ideas, but you also use humor sometimes for your art, so I really enjoy your stuff, because its not just mechanical or cold, it contains somehow a higher reflection of the creator.

Academical in nature, music or sound sometimes can be interesting, like a lesson in physics, so could you please say something about your stuff?

Question 1 a

Is it serious academical work?

Question 1 b

Are you also composing more "simple" music like IDM or Glitch or just creating complex sounds?

Question 2

What software and gear do you use for your "creations"?

Question 3

Do you have other "sonical" or "musical" projects going on alone or with somebody else?

Question 4

Why are you so in love with abstract sounds?

Question 5

Do you think there are still sounds and musical options that still are undiscovered or do you think humans already figured out all options how you can compose and create music and sounds?

Question 6

Do you think there are chances to figure out new ways of synthesis?

Greetings + wishing yo a beautiful weekend.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you, I'm happy to hear you like it Very Happy

Omega Wood wrote:
Hey Phobos, may we do a little interview right here?

sure, I think there are more interesting people here than me but I'll have a go at it. batman

Quote:
Question 1 a
Is it serious academical work?

heh, far from it. At least I don't take it serious clown, I'm just having fun fooling around with some things.
And I try to keep it a bit varied so I don't get bored with it. But there is definitely nothing academic about it.
I just play.

Quote:
Question 1 b
Are you also composing more "simple" music like IDM or Glitch or just creating complex sounds?

I think I do, or at least there are some simpler more structured things but I don't focus on any styles/genres.
I get influenced by a lot of music and just take elements of what I like about it. It's not really much of a conscious decision though.
but some examples are: Asthmatic Sex Offender , The Chocolate Sun and Killer Snails (Bath Salts on the Tails mix).

Quote:
Question 2
What software and gear do you use for your "creations"?

You could split what I do in 2 things:
1) Live improvisation (sometimes involves jamming with other people) for which I use my DIY builds and some effects. (all hardware)
2) Tracks made with free samples & loops for which I use ACID music studio.

There are also crossovers between the two where I use recordings of improvs and later add some loops/samples to it (Lunicament),
or use parts of recordings and mix it up with loops/samples (1K)
Oh and I also make live sound collages using loops, samples & recordings. (Refreshments, Mashed Potato Soup)
And on rare occasions I put something together and than add live sounds to it later (Standby for Mars).

Quote:
Question 3
Do you have other "sonical" or "musical" projects going on alone or with somebody else?

Besides doing occasional (online) live jams with people here on the forum I am a member of AcidTrasH albino.
And I've been working on an album for a couple of years now under the pseudonym Captain Collider. Which is
entirely made with free samples and loops and all the tracks have a certain theme based around fieldrecordings
(thanks for the elephant idea). And then there is Johnny Cake who has made 2 tracks sofar.

Quote:
Question 4
Why are you so in love with abstract sounds?

Oh it's not just abstract sounds, I like a lot of music. But I do like to hear new things that aren't too predictable
so that quickly leads to more experimental music. As for me making it, it's partially because I don't play any traditional
instruments and the things I build are just more suitable for that kind of music (translation: I suck at making 'real' music).

Quote:
Question 5
Do you think there are still sounds and musical options that still are undiscovered or do you think humans already figured out all options how you can compose and create music and sounds?

I have to agree with Crosley Bendix to a certain degree Wink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhvLew0iFRw
It all depends on how much different something has to be to be considered new and original.
For composing there will still be new things possible especially with software in combination with
virtual 3D controls or directly translating thoughts.

Quote:
Question 6
Do you think there are chances to figure out new ways of synthesis?

I hardly know enough about existing ways to answer that question. But with the progress of science and technology
there are probably things possible that we can't even imagine right now.

Lucy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for doing this interview. This was the first interview I did on internet with some artist. Somehow I like doing interviews like this here, because other people also maybe can learn something or get inspired in a positive way. You really are so mysterious with your very abstract complex sounds. Its not very musical, but to my ears it sounds very academical what you do, like you do serious science experiments with the behaviour of frequency and vibration. It was a nice interview and interesting answers from you. Thank you.
bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its interesting to see a bit more about people, perhaps there could be an interviews thread or subforum? Smile
Lucy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bubzy wrote:
its interesting to see a bit more about people, perhaps there could be an interviews thread or subforum? Smile

Yes! ;o) Thats a pretty unique idea for a electronic music production forum on internet. Many forums exist, but the best ones will be the ones with unique and fantastic sections that give people and artists more power to share informations and background information of the artists on this forum would make it for members here just a fantastic place to talk a little bit about them and what they are doing and how they are working and stuff like that. It should not be seen as a big ego thing or so, but a little bit attention for the artist should be a intelligent way to find a way to peoples minds.

Its so boring if people always just post their stuff (music) and nobody but 3 or 5 people here get a reaction and the other 23 music artists get no reactions at all for months here. So that would create a fine interest because people could "observe" directly what kind of artist here maybe would be interesting for them.

"Bear Boy" is a amazing artist I think and I found him just by accident here on this cool forum...

thats his music...

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-64123.html

... so we really need to give the big and also the little talents here a chance to get a bit more freedom...

Plus people here could also write reviews about the music of the artists here, so we could start directly 2 new sections! ;o) Fantastic! "Reviews Of A Artist By Members" (if the moderators like it and its free from unfriendly negative or bold statements) and a section for "Lets Interviews The Artist" so there should be a lot creative new work be done here! Sounds amazing! ;o)
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is this section: http://electro-music.com/forum/forum-16.html
Lucy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
there is this section: http://electro-music.com/forum/forum-16.html

No. Not at all. Because its called "Reports" and "Reviews" and "Interviews" but its just about already famous people that created software and produced something thats a famous synthesizer brand and stuff like that.

So its just a wild bunch of unrelated things that are not about the artists here.

What we need is a section thats just for the artists here and not about artists like some producer thats famous since 38 years and that created some brands that you can read about on Wikipedia or stuff like that.

We got here people who are complete underground and absolutly unknown, and they need a section just for them and nothing mixed with reports or reviews about famous software and known keyboard players or stuff like that.

So we need a section. Or better, lets create 2 new sections for our artists here.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: