electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
1.4 update
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 5 of 8 [189 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, as I said, I won't bitch about the delays anymore.

And Rob, of course, is right: I am a nitpicking bastard! Twisted Evil

To be honest: In my personal case, intense criticism is the biggest form of compliment, even if it seems like the opposite. This probably has been part of some misunderstanding in this thread.

Criticising the G2 to the extent which I sometimes do is my (admittedly twisted) way to express that I genuinely love this instrument. Otherwise, I just wouldn't care.

Over the last five years, I have bought and sold a ridiculous amount of electronic equipment. It's become a running gag among my friends: "Oh, Tim's got a new synth -I wonder how long Rolling Eyes ...." . I am very critical about the instruments I use, and many highly acclaimed models fall short of my standards.

The G2 set an end to all that. So, I'm pretty much co-dependent on it. I literally couldn't be without it anymore. That's why I'm so anal. Wink

Pertaining negativism in other threads -I haven't been into the forums much lately, so I cannot comment. I however want to apologize to anyone who has been put off by my criticisms here. I hope that you can now put those into perspective and tell me to lay off already Smile!

Best,
tim
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
do you mean this one Question

Nope. Cool

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Axiom

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've just finished to read the whole thread. A very technical one, indeed.. but, imho, i'm worried that sometimes we will focus more on "numbers", trusting them instead of our ears.

Luca

Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Embarassed In retrospect I think I must apologize for being one of the main culprits to get this thread OT. It appears like my reaction to Tim and the following discussion with Kassen created some heat that Kassen and me and I guess Tim and Sven as well can easily take. But I agree it ain't chique to generate heat on something that is getting OT in a thread (the 24 versus 16 bit thingy). The thread should probably better have been split at some point.

And about me unsubbing, well, I can't... Couldn't find a way to do it.

Anyway. I'm cool again and again apologize to everyone for introducing an atmosphere of heat that perhaps got heated up a little too much.

My guess is that the fact that there are many people here that do not have English as their mothertongue easily creates confusion, as sometimes it is very difficult to grasp the true meaning of someone's words. For many Dutch, Germans, Italians, Greek, Spaniards, French, Japanse, etc., this is definitely an issue. Maybe we should ask more 'do you mean this or do you mean that' questions instead of replying with opinions formulated in some absolute way. I promise to try to better my own life in this respect.
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...i'm amazed by the beautiful english used on this forum (better than many lists i'm on that have only american members...and the spelling is much better than my own) from all over the world! it would be suprising if there were never misunderstandings due to the many mother tounges present here.

although i can (and have been) stubborn and vocal on some threads here, i think it is important that everyone realize the reality of communication over the internet. not eveyone will agree with even the most reasonable of ideas, not everyone will read and correctly interpret every word posted accurately, most people are a little more confrontational online than in face to face dealings, and people will say things they would never say in real life. we all must be able to let a few things go here and there for the sake of what we all gain.

criticism is important (even of clavia and our moderators), but at the same time, if the tone of the group is overly negative towards clavia (or howard for that matter), then we are less likely to get what we want overall. if clavia sees it's g2 users as largely unhappy with anything they do, they are less likely to support us (this is common sense), just as if howard saw the em community as largely unhappy with all his efforts (and financial investment), he would put less effort and money into it. criticism is good, but accomplishes the most when it is offered without hostility and while acknowledging what is right and valuable.

i do hope that howard has blocked access for rob to unsub....rob, we need you here! Cool

deknow
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:
i do hope that howard has blocked access for rob to unsub.

There is no need for that. We have two armed agents outside his house. Cool

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
deknow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....better get some agents inside the house...i suspect rob is working on a teleportation patch as we speak!

deknow
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..... Question

shit.. back to the drawing board.. Wink

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:

although i can (and have been) stubborn and vocal on some threads here, i think it is important that everyone realize the reality of communication over the internet.

Yeah. I suppose those creative types will be the tempramental ones. We have to live with that and I think we can wonder wether anything of real value or beauty would be created at all without tempramental creative people.

One takes the good with the bad, with some luck one occasionally realise they are the same.

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
deknow wrote:

Sami and me don't need arms, we are trained profesionals!

3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
elektro80 wrote:
deknow wrote:

Sami and me don't need arms, we are trained profesionals!

always a stroopwaffel by hand?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad this is working out. Smile

This forum media can get too hot without cause sometimes. Things will improve when we modify our internal datastructures to be 24 bit thoughtout. Laughing

Last edited by mosc on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deknow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...i'm waiting for the topic mutator and topic randomizer.

deknow
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On more thing. About unsubscribing. Forget about it. Our server is located in California, at least most of it. You can check in, but you can never check out. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:

deknow

Yo, Seraph! There's a phonecall for you!

:¬p

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
deknow wrote:

deknow

Yo, Seraph! There's a phonecall for you!

:¬p

very funny Cool

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what Shocked where Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
On more thing. About unsubscribing. Forget about it. Our server is located in California, at least most of it. You can check in, but you can never check out. Shocked
Whoaa, shock! Horror! I detect references to pop music with guitar solo's Shocked , I say this should be banned from E-M.com! Who's in charge here.... Shocked Shocked Oh, we're screwed, no steely knives can save us now
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

very funny Cool

Oh, come on, I meant it in a positive way!

Last edited by Kassen on Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
deknow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...if no steely knives, how about a steely dan?

deknow
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked

Like:

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

I guess we have by consensus decided to stuff those into the anal probe department at the back. You won´t see those here unless you REALLY ask for the full treatment.
Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Fozzie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:
...if no steely knives, how about a steely dan?

deknow
For non-native english speakers like me, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steely_Dan might help for this one (see bottom of the page). I learn something new here everyday Smile
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eat me.

Fozzie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Eat me.
You're clearly a prisoner of your own device(s)
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fozzie- you refereing to this:
Quote:
The band's name (like a number of others) is derived from the works of William S. Burroughs: Steely Dan is the name of a giant flying steam-powered dildo that appeared in Burroughs' book Naked Lunch. Fagen once explained, "We just wanted to give the band a little more thrust than most other bands."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 5 of 8 [189 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: