electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
What's he building in there?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mike256

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: What's he building in there?
Subject description: Lunetta inspired "modules"
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I've been experimenting on breadboards for a bit now. Inspiration comes and goes. I've had the "box" enclosure with the handle for a while, just not sure what to do with it. I've been hanging onto an SN76477 for ages (I think it didn't survive the ages) my test circuit was no good and I suspect it got zapped.

Anyway. I laid out the box with the idea of building the WSG in it, changed my mind (peeled the label I made off, new one forthcoming based on whatever I decided to do), was going to use the TI chip cuz, well, it's pretty awesome. Or was going to be rather.

SO I raided my parts bins grabbed some pots and bits and set out on my quest. "Modular? Why is it always a box and panels?" I said to myself. Quick to the sample request forms. interesting enclosures, they'll be nice for something. As of now this is what I've got put together. 1/2 of a 40106 for a 3 voice drone so far. I may use the other 3 for something more interactive. Room for a 555 based VCO to run the baby10 through once I get it complete. A clock based on a 555 astable, and a funny little blob I haven't decided what to do with. All my interconnects and power are RCA type connectors I had laying around. I need to build an octopus for power because. Why not. I think i'm goign to add the filter stage from the WSG and a noise source.

What do folks think? what should I do with the blob? more pictures to come. I've got a plethora of parts pending delivery and a pile of parts to use or rather mis-use in entertaining and creative ways.

Perhaps I'm working backwards. Starting with my interface based on a proven circuit, Meh, it's what I want it to be, and I don't want to get all technical. I want to make art and sound with it and am leaving my (limited) musical and electronics thinking out of it.

modulez.png
 Description:
My vision of modules
 Filesize:  1.35 MB
 Viewed:  433 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

modulez.png

rico C

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I reckon the blob looks like a percussion module, maybe something 808-derived like a 40106/ 4070 combo, or a twin T...
mike256

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is a fantastic idea. I've adjusted what I've got put together for the box. I was going to have 3 modulated tones, it was fun but got out of hand. So I took a bit of information from another thread and used that mixer to use up the 4 remaining pots and a dual opamp. We'll see how it turns out. I'm dying for the rest of my bits to be delivered so I can get it off the breadboard and into the frying pan.

sound_box.ps
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  sound_box.ps
 Filesize:  43.55 KB
 Downloaded:  516 Time(s)

AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rico C wrote:
I reckon the blob looks like a percussion module, maybe something 808-derived like a 40106/ 4070 combo, or a twin T...

Pretty close to what I thought -- some kind of trigger source, with a bunch of push buttons on top Smile
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: