electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Uploading tracks
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Uploading tracks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! I'm sure the answer to this is somewhere

I've been doing electronic music for about 8 years but I have never paid attention to the e-m radio station.

I'm not sure if I will ever figure out how to Live stream, but I have lots of old compositions. If I could upload them to the radio station, that would motivate me to finish them.

Can you fill me in on the process? Where /who would I upload them to?

thanks

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Uploading tracks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Laura,

To get songs to be played on the radio you only have to post them on the forum. There are several streamops who make playlists of the music
posted here, so if they see it and like it (probably will) it will end up on the radio. I would love to hear more of your compositions, always enjoyed
what I heard so far. I actually used one in this electro-music.com mix.

edit: just noticed I also used it in this one.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

Thanks for your response. You have no idea how you made my Day by telling me you used one of my clips. I never thought anyone was listening!!! ( that clip features my first, long-gone synth, the sweet little Alesis Micron.)

I have lots of more developed clips now!

laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, but I'm not sure exactly where on the forum they get uploaded to. "The Forum" is pretty big!
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can just post them in the Online Music section (as you have done previously).
If you don't want them to be available for other people to download there is a special
non-downloadable section, but an admin will have to give you access to that.

We always listen. I think I heard you play some sets during EM festivals or KCEM which
got streamed on the radio. And I am always looking forward to it when I see the name
woodswalker on the schedule

flower

(you have made some nice videos too btw)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh and it is also possible to get your own spot in the Artists section
if you got a lot to upload and want to keep everything in one place.

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, Laura.
Glad to see you will be posting your music. I am sure a couple of your tunes were posted a few years ago. I played at least one of them (maybe more) when I did a show playing tunes from what members of the community posted. As well, I know at least one of your tunes came around in the rotation on the playlist.
Not much more to what PHOBoS has said. If you want to stream tunes from a PC, maybe do a show introducing your music and playing them from home, that option is open to you as well. But maybe you would like to do a live improv at one of the seasonal events (equinox/solstice)? Or if you wanted to give it a try, there are some open ports (that are usually open), so you can test drive doing an improv there.
BTW, when the open port was new, we had 2 or 3 "Open Port Nights" [like open mic nights], where people met in chat and volunteered to do some music after whoever was on the open port finished. Who knows, maybe someone will volunteer to organize an Open Port Night again.
Steve

PS: Here are the songs/audio files that you had posted as of about a minute or two ago: http://electro-music.com/mp3media.php?forums=&owner=laura+woodswalker
laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! Thanks for your kind words PHobos...have I ever met you at E-M? (the one in New York state.)

Thanks MusicMan....I did meet you at E-M. nice to hear from you too!

I haven't nearly figured out how to live-stream but I'm encouraged that I can upload music. I have a lot of tracks since 2012. Should the tracks be shorter than my E-M sets? Like excerpts from them? Also I have lots of 'sketches' sitting in my folder. And noplace to play them!

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No I've never been to one of the festivals but I always listen to the live stream. Cool

You can upload pretty long tracks, there is a certain file limit but I have uploaded sets of over 3 hours, they might be
less likely to end up on the radio though. But an hour or so shouldn't be a problem, you could make excerpts too but
that is up to you. Also, you might have a certain limit right now of the maximum amount you can upload but that can
be upgraded if you run out of space.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
that can be upgraded

Just did that .. for just in case Laughing

Oh, and nothing wrong with short tracks either .. it can always go on the shorts or very shorts lists to fill up gaps. Short as in seconds or tens of seconds.

laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should files be mp3 or .wav?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mp3 please, unless you need perfect quality for some reason, in that case use flac please.
laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! I started a new folder for my Stuff.
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: