electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Windows as a music workstation
Free software for windows...
Page 6 of 6 [135 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
klangumsetzer

Audio files: 32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is also savihost by the same author which will load one dll. i often use this for turning a vst/i into a 'self-contained' application which I can link to my desktop and start by double-clicking. there is a version with and without a virtual keboard: http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

best regards

eike
---
Sam_Zen

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A list of free VST plugins

Another stand alone VST host : Minihost

A list of free VST at the Wavosaur forum

I started a specific page about conversion of graphics to sound and vice versa here
including "Audiopaint" by Nicholas Fournel, the author of the great "Multiwave".

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Sam_Zen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: mp3 splitter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was looking for a program to split a large mp3 file and the first program I found seems to work great (only tested it once so far).
Simply set the break point, click split file,.. and you're done Cool

Mega MP3 Splitter

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
destroyifyer

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sync modular is very impressive. You can download it at http://www.syncmodular.com/. Although I must add that my favorite free modular program remains StudioFactory, by far (be sure not to miss the sequence creator at the bottom of the download page). These are a must for anyone with a midi keyboard and a little time to learn. If you like them and are trying to decide which one to learn first, I recommend StudioFactory as it is slightly more user-friendly than the former. Very cool programs, I definately send thanks out to those who made these. Before I forget or lose interest in the idea, mini-forums for both of these programs would definately be appropriate if anyone else is interested.
psilas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Cylonix Vocoder.
Subject description: Essential and free.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
A great free vocoder program for Windows. See this post by X-Electric: http://electro-music.com/forum/post-74554.html#74554

X-Electric wrote:
Also not for Mac - but how about an application that've been commercial for so long, and now it is free for use ? Smile

http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~clark/cylonix.html

It is also my favourite software vocoder - it also works live in few ways - You can talk live (use Your mic input as a modulate input) to some previosly recorded audio tracks that works as a carrier for Your voice, or You can use previosly recorded voice samples, or drum sequences to be used as a modulation source for the output of Your favourite synthesizer. You can also mix and match - why not playing live with a previosuly recorded drum loop and a synth pad... just try it - it has so many sound processing options that a beginner user could be confused - anyway - I'm stuck with this software since 2002 Wink

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Since it has been released and abondoned, I'm going to attach it here, just in case that web site goes away...

Thx a lot for the Cylonix Vocoder. It works great on XP and I've read that it works fine on Windows 7.

I thought it looked a bit good so tried it out, did some homework and discovered the guy who made this program is a SERIOUSLY qualified individual having been a former 'Harvard Professor' of Electronics and Computer Engineering along with many other important positions.

There was even talk of Native Instruments licensing the engine of Cylonix but I'm not sure what came of it.

Anyone after a free vocoder on PC really should have this in their collection as its the real deal.

Cheers.
psilas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Niveau Filter
Subject description: Another Essential

For anyone who doesn't know yet, Elysia have release the EQ/Filter section off their MPressor plugin ....for FREE.

Its essentially a tilt EQ/Tone control but also works as a filter.It sounds awesome and could have been a commercial release had they wanted.

Essential download guys for PC and Mac.

Get it here... http://www.elysia.com/software/niveau-filter/

niveau.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.75 KB
 Viewed:  16912 Time(s)

niveau.jpg

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psilas, welcome to electro-music.com

Thanks for the link. I had to make a tiny edit to you post to make the link work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
psilas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Thx mosc Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanx for the welcome mosc and also thank you for fixing the Elysia link.

Cheers.
old.school.plm

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: openmpt
Subject description: openmpt.org

https://openmpt.org/ https://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_Effect_Reference
open mpt is a sample sequencer with some different fx capabilities for each note.

Page 6 of 6 [135 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Windows as a music workstation
Jump to: