electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Arturia Keystep
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
MFOSser

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Arturia Keystep
Subject description: Cheapest keyboard with CV outs?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Being the impatient type and having completed six MFOS boards over the winter I decided that rather than waiting for the next iteration of MidImpant to come to market I decided to buy the Keystep.

I judged that by the time I bought, installed and modified the original keyboard the MidImplant wouldn't be that much cheaper than buying the Keystep.

I may still get the MidImplant in the future for a larger full-size keyboard but for now the Keystep allows me to gate the VCA and play single notes. The arpeggiator and sequencer are fun too although an analogue sequencer is definitely a future project.

The Keystep worked straight out of the box. I had to put some 3.5mm converters on my 1/4 inch patch leads as the Keystep uses 3.5mm CV outputs but other than that I just plugged in and played.

Now I can hear how out of tune my VCO is. Back to work!

Photo shows Keystep and my temporary hardboard panels whilst I test and build.

IMG_20170214_110318.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  207.24 KB
 Viewed:  343 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_20170214_110318.jpg

sixbyseven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Arturia Keyboard Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to also acknowledge and second what JayBee66 is saying. I was also impressed with the heft of this little keyboard and the accuracy of the CV and Gate output levels. You can change octaves up or down in range. It comes with a built in arpeggiator and multi-track sequencer, you can program the heck out of the MIDI IN/Outs, CV or gate voltage level through the usb, it runs on a 5v usb connector or a 9 volt connector.

They are truly worth the $120 price you can get them at.

Nice little machine, and like he Jay says, it helps debugging anything that requires a CV or gate input on the bench.

LFLab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really like mine, I also have a Beatstep Pro and that's also very nice. Between the two of them, what could you possibly ask for more.
Arturia also did a great job on the updates of the Beatstep, so pretty good.
Obviously it is low-cost, so it'll have niggles. Anything having close to this functionality is at least three times the price (that Archangel sequencer though, wow!).
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: