electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
One Player Game: 3 New Songs!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: One Player Game: 3 New Songs! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are the three newest songs:

Maui By Chopper http://www.oneplayergame.com/mauibychopper.m3u - This reminds me of my honeymoon. My wife and I took a helicopter tour of the island when we were on Maui. There were 4 or 5 passengers, and everyone wore headphones. You would hear the pilot talk about the island, but he'd also have this funky music playing in the background.

Gwynnfield http://www.oneplayergame.com/gwynnfield.m3u - This was written for the subdivision I grew up in. I was very shy as a child and played quietly in the yard. There was nothing I miss more from my childhood than spending a weekday morning in the backyard, driving my pedal-powered Dukes of Hazzard car around, then going in to watch The Price Is Right while eating a microwave pizza.

Slot Cars http://www.oneplayergame.com/slotcars.m3u - It's a short, scatterbrained piece written entirely in ModPlug Tracker and using just the MDA Degrade plug-in. I wrote it at work. I also have an electric racecar set upstairs.

To go directly to the Music page: http://www.oneplayergame.com/music.html

Enjoy!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great stuff. I like the first two of them the best. I can easilly visualize flying over the islands in a helicopter in the first piece. The second on is very nice. It has a gentile childlike quality and timelessness about it. Very special.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
opg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Very Happy

I'm still nervous about creating an album with these two very different styles, as I see it - the 70s theme music and "orchestral" pieces like the two you liked, and Picture Show, and the 8-bit bleep style like Slot Cars, Anglerfish, and Toner. And of course, there could be ones that are in that grey area. Perhaps this may involve a mastering tech if the music is worthy of it. Any advice?

I guess I could separate them into different albums when I have enough good material ready. I have more projects I've started for TV themes, though some could straddle the fence, like one that I am basing on this 1970s PBS logo sound: http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/video_us_pbs/pbs_id_70s.rm
Fature

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey opg, I listened to 'Maui By Chopper' a couple of times this morning.

Very uplifting vibe.
Love the groove and bass hook.

Good work!
opg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! I was thinking of adding some noticeable tape saturation to it, to make it sound like an older recording. Perhaps it's okay on its own, but I have a few other 70s funk/cop show songs I can experiment with. Hmm......There's one inspired by Knight Rider.......good arpeggios.....
opg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: NES DnB Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the tune inspired by World 1-2 in Super Mario Brothers:

http://www.oneplayergame.com/level1-2.m3u

Enjoy!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

opg wrote:
Any advice?

Advice is a big word, some cents.

I only listened to the songs that you linked from this thread, the first time, some days ago, or a wek maybe, to the first three in the order you posted them. Then I could see your worries about them going together on one CD.

Today I listened to the four links in reverse order, and the idea I got from that is that the tracks could go together but it needs some planing as to what order they should be in.

The reverse order I tried today was more interesting to me than the in-order I tried earlier.

Jan.
Fature

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: NES Inspired Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahaha.

That.
Is.
Awesome!

Don't change a thing, seriously!

You master with T-Racks right? I might have to invest...
opg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Today I listened to the four links in reverse order, and the idea I got from that is that the tracks could go together but it needs some planing as to what order they should be in.

Jan.

I've had friends tell me both- they can be on the same album, and I should split up the more "acoustic" melodic songs for one album and the more experimental electronic tunes on another. I'll try your reverse order on my mp3 player and see if it strikes my fancy.

T-Racks:

I think in some odd way, T-Racks and Fruity Loops go together well. I can't say that you'll get good results with another application and T-Racks. There's something about the way I handle bass, I guess, in my songs that seems to work well with that T-Racks preset plus some small changes.

Thanks for the compliments!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: