electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Sex and drugs and the new mackie
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Sex and drugs and the new mackie Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mackie introduce new Dxb digital console

http://www.mackie.com/products/dxb/index.html

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Mackie unveiled a new digital production mixing console at the recent AES show in New York, the Dxb. The fully integrated desk features two large, built-in colour LCD touchscreens which form the main user interface of the desk, each mounted above an array of 12 long-throw Penny & Giles motorised faders, 12 rotary knobs and an array of buttons.

The screen displays change to show either an overview of all the channel’s configurations, with miniature graphics showing EQ, dynamics, pan and routing settings, or a more detailed window of a specific channel’s settings, such as a large EQ window or compressor settings. The operation seems very intuitive, and both touchscreens can be used at the same time and independently. The right-hand side of the console carries a comprehensive monitoring section and dedicated transport controls, plus a master fader and an area for an integral cordless mouse.

The desk supports 192kHz sampling rates with 36 channels of I/O, or a 72 x 72-channel I/O matrix at 96kHz and lower sample rates — the interface formats being determined by plug-in cards. Audio can also be streamed to a DAW via Firewire I/O cards, and dynamics and EQ are provided on every channel, with up to eight-channel surround mixing and monitoring.

The console can also run selected VST plug-ins internally as well as those supported on the integrated Universal Audio UAD1 plug-in card, such as the LA2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec program EQ, Dreamverband so on. The console also features integrated control facilities for Pro Tools, Logic and other DAWs, and includes RS422 and MMC remote control with LTC and MTC timecode support.

The Dxb won’t be available until the Spring, and a price has yet to be announced, although it is expected to retail for over £10,000.

http://www.mackie.com

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

A few specs:
96k digital mixing console with 72-channel I/O matrix
Selectable 192k operation with 36-channel I/O matrix
Firewire I/O cards for streaming audio to/from desktop or laptop computers
Dual 15" touch-screen graphic user interfaces plus mouse control
Twenty-five 100mm Penny + Giles motorized optical touch-sensitive faders
Full dynamics and parametric EQ on every channel, input and output
Onboard support for select VST plug-ins
8-channel surround mixing and monitoring capabilities
Onboard Universal Audio LA-2A and 1176LN compression, Pultec Program EQ, Cambridge EQ, Dreamverb and more via integrated UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins card
Tape-style transport with memory location recall and Jog/Shuttle wheel
Comprehensive automation system with event editing and dynamic/scene automation
Wide variety of Mackie and third-party I/O cards available for support of all major analog or digital connections
RS-422 (Sony® 9-pin), LTC, MTC, MMC, and Word Clock sync
Mackie Control Universal mode for control of Pro Tools, Logic and many other DAW applications

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice and has great specs.

I have a Mackie1642-VLX/PRO. I'd be very reluctant to buy another Mackie product. I've had lots of flakey intermittent problems. Sorry, Mackie, but it's the truth.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree to a point. For some reason, the VU meter backlight on my 32-8 magically stopped working awhile back, as well as have (GASP) the main outs. I literally get no sound out of the mains, I have to use the subgroups as main outs, which really isn't a serious problem the way I use it, but decimates the resale. Hard to say if I would risk another Mackie product.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use a mackie mixer and monitors, never had any trouble with them.
They're better build quality than the behringers, but you can't beat those small Behringer mixers for the price. Very handy!
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Jump to: