electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Pulse ignorer/divider
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
IGR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Pulse ignorer/divider
Subject description: Question.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone know how to simply filter out adjustable number of pulses from the clock? For example: first gets through, the second to tenth are ignored, the eleventh passes again, and again and again..I think about monostable with variable pulse lenght and behind it clocked NAND gate.
It is about not to make it complicated, I need four of these circuits.Thanks for your inspiration.
gabbagabi

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4017?
only Q0 is used for driving futher circuitry?
IGR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote it inaccurately, with the word "adjustable" I meant not switchable, simply a pot. I know that the monostable time constant setting is only valid for the actual clock speed, and the division ratio changes as the clock tempo changes.
Something similar see:https://youtu.be/cmVvdpp1QX0
gabbagabi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is what comes to my mind quickly

läöö.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.52 KB
 Viewed:  334 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

läöö.png

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pulse ignorer/divider
Subject description: Question.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IGR wrote:
I think about monostable with variable pulse lenght and behind it clocked NAND gate.

yeah, something like that but probably with a flip/flop instead of a NAND.
Does the pulsewidth of the output signal matter ?

@g.gabba that's a very neat idea and it doesn't need any adjustment if the frequency changes Very Happy
(maybe an extra AND gate at the output or something else so it can produce multiple pulses)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IGR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pulse length ideally trigger/ ~5ms, but I would get it from the leading edge.
IGR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@g.gabba Elegant solution, thanks. I´ll use one comparator for reseting the counter, to shorten the cycle, maybe better a switch with fixed resistors than pot.
gabbagabi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont know if this will work outside my head and the simulation
but a quick breadboard test will not harm the enviroment

the advantage here would be a optical feedback
the idea is: if the steps of the two 4017 are matching, the voltage on the LED on the that step would rise to supply voltage, and the LED would go OFF that moment, cos there is no ground provide from the clocking 4017

for the step-select-clock one could use a rotary encoder with a 4024 in front to get the turning-feeling back Smile

sry for the crude explanation, but u could understand the previous idea, so i guess u can figure out this one as well

div_x.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.57 KB
 Viewed:  363 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

div_x.png

IGR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your engineering exercises. But I wrote Blödsinn, to shorten the cycle I need only binary state of the counter, it is not necessary to go back in the natural numbers. But you are thinking great. I am now obsessed with a pseudo-random sequencer reset. I have a four-step CV 4017 sequencer (outputs 1,3,5,7 reset by AND select of the outputs from the next 4017 which receives the clock from the XNOR gate.) To XNOR go bits 1 and 4 of 4024 with the same clock as the 4-track CV.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: