electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
CtrlSend - how can I Set over midi from controlled device
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: CtrlSend - how can I Set over midi from controlled device Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Everyone,

Hi I am new to the G2 so excuse my ignorance but I have just spent a couple of hours trying to get this to work and I am pulling my hair out!

I am trying to set up some controller patches to control other devices over Midi.

Useing the CtrlSend module I have been able to get things going ok, works very nicely from the knobs on the G2, nice labels on the displays etc.

Heres the problem, I need to set the value in the CtrlSend module (and therefore value displayed on the G2) when the value changes on the external midi device, I really need this for initialisation of the values in the G2 when I change patches on the external device so the values in the G2 match the values in the external device.

I have the external device sending out CC messages when knobs change and when a new patch is loaded and the G2 is receiving the CC messages ok.

If I assign a midi controller the the knob on the CtrlSend module (right click->Midi Controler->assign) when I change the value in the external device or in the G2 I get a wierd feedback with the G2 controller and the external device jumping around like mad and always settling on 127 when I stop moving the control.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Any help would be realy apreciated.

Cheers

Andy
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you use the MIDI -> Automate module instead? It is intended for use as a controller for external devices.

It doesn't provide much in terms of control to a G2 patch, so if you need the knob to control the ext device & a patch in the G2, you'll have to use a MIDI send AND a MIDI recv module, then use a constant knob in between the two as the actual value. Also, you might need to turn off Local Control in the global settings (all controls (keyboard, etc) must then be sent out & back into the G2 to control an internal patch.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Jk,

Thanks for the info.

Im useing a G2 ver 1.1 which is on loan from the shop untill my one arrives from clavia and it doesn't have that module. I don't want to upgrade this G2 as I want to give it back to the shop just as I got it.

I will try the Automate module when I get my G2.

Thanks for the help.

Andy
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: