electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Bank Upload problem
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Repeatpeak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Bank Upload problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I was just trying to save my Modular banks to hard drive by using the 'Bank Upload' feature of the editor. I used this a couple months ago and it seemed to work fine. However, when I tried it again now the file for bank 1 was just 1kb in size (obviously too small to contain the full bank of patches) and saving any other bank failed to create a file altogether. When clicking the 'more' button the message read "No bank to save" - Something like that.

Am I doing something wrong? The different banks in my modular have plenty patches and the midi connections are fine (editing patches on screen works fine and translates to synth etc.)

Any help is highly appreciated!
Thanks,
Philip
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Philip,

I removed your dupplicate posting. The server is a bit slow again, but have patience, your message usually will come through.

A typical pchlist file is not necessarily that large, for 40 patches it's about 2k - it does not hold the patches but just their names.

I'm not quite sure what you did but I'll write out a framework so you can tell where it goes wrong, or not.

You can make a patch dump for preformances or for patches, depending on which type you select in the Bank Upoald dialog. Be sure to not mix up patches and performances here.

Using the patch browser, CTRL+B, you can see what patches / performancws should be in the various banks.

After sending the patches to the computer you should have a pchlist file, which is just a readable text file holding an index on all the patches sent over. You can load it into a text editor, like notepad, to see what is init - it should match with what you saw in the patch browser.

Furthermore for each patch/perf sent over there should be a pch2/prf2 file. This should match with what you saw in the patch browser.

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

Furthermore for each patch/perf sent over there should be a pch2/prf2 file. This should match with what you saw in the patch browser.

Either this is a typo (the "2" bit) or this is in the wrong section. I just wanted to point that out before we have lots of confusion, complaints and people leaving in disgust.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops, sory, missed the Classic thingy ...
Repeatpeak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your replies, Blue Hell and Kassen!
The editor actually did save the whole bank1 including the individual patches, which I simply didn't realize because I thought it would save them differently and the files ended up in a big pool of patches. My ignorance Smile
But I'm still having trouble saving the other banks. I just went through the whole lot and banks 2-8 are being recognized as empty (and thus nothing gets saved, not even the pchlist file). Strangely, bank9 gets recognized again, but actually got saved as 'bank2.pchlist'??!?!

I'm actually generally having problems with the editor software. It's crashing on me very often. This is the newest editor and NM OS versions, running on Windows XP Home in compatibility mode (Win98, I believe), LEDs are set off, and I'm running the editor with its own separate midi interface. The computer does have other midi interfaces connected to it and sometimes I'm running the editor at the same time while e.g. Ableton Live runs midi sequences to the NM Classic or other applications, not connetced to the NM run at the same time. Usually the editor crashes after a while. Sometimes it's just that I can't close the application at the end of a session, sometimes the whole thing freezes while I'm working. Not sure if this stability problem might also be related to the problem I'm having saving the banks.

Thanks again for your help!
Philip
gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bank Upload is not working very well for me either on my NM Classic.I was unable to upload some personal banks so I had to do it patch by patch Sad I'm under XPsp2 at the moment ( about to switch for merom MBP ).Also I've notice that sometimes you need to reboot your NM for a new bank to take effect.I can't wait to see how this feature is going to work in the GREAT NOMAD NM EDITOR Razz
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: