electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
electro-music 2006 - Call For Participation
Page 1 of 2 [47 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject:  electro-music 2006 - Call For Participation
Subject description: June 2-4, 2006 - Philadelphia
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Call for participation

We proudly announce electro-music 2006(TM), a three day international conference/music festival to be held at the Cheltenham Art Center in Philadelphia, June 2 - 4, 2006. The program will include lectures, demos, jam sessions, and concerts.

The scope of this festival is very broad, covering all aspects of electro-music, experimental electronic music, including circuit bending, computer music, electro-jazz, modular synthesis, musique concrete, improvisation, noodles (generative music, automatic and algorithmic composition), multi-media, visual art and much more. The focus will be on participant involvement, sharing, community development, audience education, and great music.

Electro-music.com is an international community of composers and musicians that share a passion for electro-music. The community exists to create its own critical mass; to enable its members to develop music on their own terms. Electro-music is new music; still undefined; happening all over our planet. Electro-music is the natural result of two techno/social trends: the availability of low-cost powerful electronic music technology, and the communication revolution enabled by the internet. Electro-music is not defined by a particular style or sound, but by its primary motivation being the joy of creation, and the love of electronic sounds; it crosses many genres. For more information visit the event's web site.

The Cheltenham Art Center has two galleries and a performance hall that will be available for three days. (see: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-4390.html ).

Participation can consist of lectures, talks, tutorials, demos, performances, robotic sculpture, presentations, concerts, automatic music, or other appropriate expression. If you would like to contribute to electro-music 2006 then send a description of what you would like to do to event@electro-music.com. Please provide links or attachments (images or mp3 files) that illustrate what you would do at the event. Send media or physical material to:
    electro-music.com
    944 Flexer Avenue
    Allentown, PA 18103
    USA
If you are submitting music, please indicate if you'd be interested in allowing your music to be used in a compilation CD project to be used to promote and support electro-music 2006 and electro-music.com.

We have prepared the following guideline documents:
electro-music 2006 is more of a meeting or a community experience than a show. As such, all of the participants and performers share in the expenses. Thus, in order to make the experience as fulfilling as possible, we expect everyone to register and pay for the full three days of the event.
The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2006. We will respond to all entrants by March 15, 2006, or before.

Last edited by mosc on Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This years em2006 is going to be another success.
Count me in as a solo artist and with Fringe Element I hope .
But definately as a solo artist.
More to follow.................................................................
Sonically
MTVic

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, Mike. We are going to follow our own rules and not make any decisions about the program until Mid-March.

I ask everyone to please follow the proceedures in the announcement.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
leafblower-JC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: EM 2006 tix cost? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hiya Mosc...excited about the event, just wondering if you have an idea of the cost for the weekend?

looked in the info but didn't see any numbers...wasn't sure if the cost hasn't been decided yet or anything?

just wondering.

and leafblower is definitely interested in playing, we'll send you guys all the info you need.

thankx

=jc=
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi. Our costs have gone up a bit. Haven't set the price yet, but we think it is going to be about $75 for the three days - food being extra.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The web site has been updated with pricing information.
Also, there are testimonials from last year's event.
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Call for Participation has been blasted out to all the relevent mailing lists (at least the ones Bill and I know about).
Feel free to forward this info if you can think of a list or forum we missed.

Responses are coming in - looks like we will have another great event this year!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We'll have catered food again this year, but unfortunately not by Cheff Geoff. The cost of food isn't included in the ticket prices. You'll be able to order the food later. Beer and soft drinks will be available also, of course.
ZZZZZZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ZZZZZZ have the ambition to be there!
ZZZZZZ gonna follow the proceedures in the announcement and find out if it´s a place for it!
Have someone from Sweden been there before?

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ZZZZZZ wrote:
Have someone from Sweden been there before?

Yes, last year Palle Dahlstedt was there representing Claiva and he gave a talk about Patch Mutator that was just released.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Hi. Our costs have gone up a bit. Haven't set the price yet, but we think it is going to be about $75 for the three days - food being extra.

Ouch, that's almost double. That's a bit more than a bit more Wink
I think a 3-day ticket was $40 for 2005-?
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...compared to what lodging costs, the show costs are down in the noise (at least from the way i look at it).

deknow
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The three day ticket is $60.
$54 if you buy it before April 1.

Last year it was $50.
gsga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome. totally psyched!
SynthLord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mosc,

I'd love to be involved with the electro-music 2006 conference.

When you get a chance, give me a ring or an email, and let me know what I can do to help out ... 800-793-5273 x214.

Even if I can't help, I'm coming anyway! Laughing

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent, Jason...
renevanderwouden

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish I could be there. Smile
BERLIN SCHOOL / RETRO / ELEKTRO / AMBIENT Music - Latest info and webshop at: www.rewo-music.com| http://www.downloadplatform.com/rewo_music/ and on Bandcamp: http://www.rewo.bandcamp.com / http://www.rene-vanderwouden.bandcamp.com and http://renevanderwouden.bandcamp.com/

http://www.renevanderwouden.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today is the last day for submissions!
Romannis_Motte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EGW:

I have just sent an email with info on Romannis Motte. Sorry for the last minute submission. Recently joining this site, I have been overwhelmed at the information and just saw this a few days ago. Hope all is well for you and everyone here!!!

Romannis Motte
NC, USA
www.myspace.com/romannismotte
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The deadline for submissions is now officially over.
We will still accept submissions, but you will automatically be put on the waiting list.
We still have room for vendors, and possibly a few visual artists.

We are going to have a fantastic lineup this year!
There will be a very broad range of excellent artists, and some very interesting seminars and demos.

Stay tuned for an announcement.
stevenclements

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Sounds interesting Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wish I could make it... I hope you post lots of information on the web during and after

cheers
Steve

life is a treasure... dig it!
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The web site will be updated very soon, with a list of this year's participants.
We expect to also have a sampler CD.
Before or at the event there will be posters, T-shirts, programs.
We hope to have streaming audio during the event.
After the event, there will be plenty of photos, videos, recordings, etc.
Of course there's nothing like being there!
ace paradise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:  E M 2006 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked Hi gang. I'm really looking forward to this years event. If any artists are apprehensive about coming and having to pay for the three day pass, don't be. It's money well spent. It's an event by the Artists for the Artists.

P.S. Be sure to leave your Ego at home and you will have a great time.

Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ace is right. This is worth every penny and more. It's a paradise (sorry ace) for any musician. I can't wait to be there.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
RFBB

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolutely! I can't think of one person that did not have a great time. The information and inspiration that I left with is well worth any price. And Ace, does your Mom make a mean flapjack or what? See you soon.
Will there be a pre-event dinner party again this year?

M.Peck
www.mpeckmusic.blogspot.com
www.reverbnation.com/echotomb
Page 1 of 2 [47 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: