electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
how to make one slot multitimbral.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
frater v.i.o.

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: how to make one slot multitimbral. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi there.
if i load a very basic patch in one slot there is still a massive patch load left and it would be wasted if some other patch is needed but loaded in the next slot.
so how to setup this in one slot and make it still play and controlable from outside(no internal sequencers or so to trigger notes).i thought it will work with some sort of midi note area module but the one deliverd does not have some sort of an output to route let's say c1-C1 to here C#1-C2 to here and so on.i hope you get the picture and have a decent solution.
thx. Wink

sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I understand you right you're afraid that you waste processing power by not using 100% in a slot. Don't worry, it works differently. 1) the smaller the patch, the more voices you have 2) the processing power is dynamical, meaning that you don't have a fixed value for every slot.
frater v.i.o.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh i see.thx for reply.

but anyway...i still can not load the content of all slots in one slot and make it using all dsp power,can i?

well what want to know is, if i throw up a simple synth patch and let's say need it another 3 times and the patchload of the current slot gives me enough space to do so, i would like to be able to independently play those "synths" from outside(now internal seq. stuff or the like) in the current slot.otherwise i would have to load them in the free slots and that would be kind of wasting dsp load.
one slot has it's master midi channel so i thought it might be possible to set midi note ranges somehow for the somewhat "4 in 1" patch i would like to have.
or perhaps this is just a dumb thought coz i do not understand patchload management?!? Rolling Eyes

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frater v.i.o. wrote:
if i throw up a simple synth patch and let's say need it another 3 times and the patchload of the current slot gives me enough space to do so, i would like to be able to independently play those "synths" from outside in the current slot.

Apart from using note detect modules to make 1 slot drum machine type patches, this is not practical on the G2.

frater v.i.o. wrote:
otherwise i would have to load them in the free slots and that would be kind of wasting dsp load.

That is what the slots are for, makes no difference to dsp load but you may have to fool with number of voices allocated to each slot for best results.

regards
sebber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Below is an example of how to play different timbres in one slot within 4 keyboard zones. This can be done just as well with the MIDI modules, it's described in the manual in the MIDI modules description. Look for masterkeyboard and route the MIDI to the Slot you want to use. I think the status module is not what you want to use here.
BTW, one lot can not use more than one DSP chip, you can't combine all 4 chips in one slot (akai understand).

Edit: I forgot the example.

Edit again: all this only makes sense if you don't want to use the MidiZone module.

4polyzone.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  4polyzone.pch2
 Filesize:  1.48 KB
 Downloaded:  1445 Time(s)

frater v.i.o.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well sebber, this patch is exactly what i was looking for.so thank you very much.
and it is also the proof that i still have to learn a lot.i do understand your patch fortunatelly which helps indeed.so thx again. Wink

jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, just so it's clear: 1 slot does NOT equal 1 dsp. The G2 is smart enough to take your small 10% load patch, and spread the voices out over several DSPs if there's room for it. You just increase the number of voices for that slot, and the G2 does the rest. If you want 3 voices (3 copies of the synth in slot A), just turn up the polyphony to 3. If it fits on 1 DSP, the G2 will do that. But if it doesn't, the G2 will put one or 2 of those voices (ie-copies of the same "synth) in the other DSPs.
sebber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right, I mixed it up: it's one VOICE that can't use more than one DSP, not one slot.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or to be more precise even, a voice section. A voice can use 200% of DSP, 100% for the VA and another 100% for the FX area.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: