electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » FX
Granular Synthesis
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Granular Synthesis Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a FX patch that grinds audio down using the granular synthesis technique.
Especially Var4 is imho nice with piano only pieces, like Satie or something.

Each voice produces four grains. The patching is actually straightforward, it shouldn't be too difficult to analyze if you're into this kind of thing.

And if you're not into this kind of thing I can understand, I don't see myself why some people seem so crazy about granular synthesis. Still, its fun to play with now and then.

Btw, in V1.20 there is a little bug in the delay line modules that under certain circumstances causes glitches in the sound. Clavia says the bug is known and fixed and an OS bugfix update will be made available very soon on their site. This update will be only the OS Updater, the Editor is fine.

GranularEFX.pch2
 Description:
Granular Synthesis EFX patch, uses the audio inputs to grind external audio.

Download
 Filename:  GranularEFX.pch2
 Filesize:  6.94 KB
 Downloaded:  2552 Time(s)

jamos

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Granular Synthesis Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rob wrote:
Btw, in V1.20 there is a little bug in the delay line modules that under certain circumstances causes glitches in the sound. Clavia says the bug is known and fixed and an OS bugfix update will be made available very soon on their site.

Is that the source of the background noise in this patch? I'm running it with no input right now and it sounds like a chorus of insects...

I've also had some clicking from the delays when run in Tempo mode with no input. Will the update solve that?

(BTW - I suspect this will be a great patch - haven't run anything into it yet though - )
Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Granular Synthesis Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jamos wrote:

Is that the source of the background noise in this patch? I'm running it with no input right now and it sounds like a chorus of insects...

I've also had some clicking from the delays when run in Tempo mode with no input. Will the update solve that?

(BTW - I suspect this will be a great patch - haven't run anything into it yet though - )

Yep, that's right. Seems to have been caused by some rounding error or something. Seems Clavia is collectively on holiday right now, so I think they will publish the fix when they're back in two weeks(?) time or so.
Rob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The update is posted at http://www.clavia.se/G2/software.htm#synthupdate
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Granular Synthesis Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jamos

is your avatar a screenshot of SuperCollider ?

jamos

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Granular Synthesis Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

paul wrote:
is your avatar a screenshot of SuperCollider ?

Nope, just some of my Techno Toys code. I was going to mask it with an outline of my head from another pic (codehead - get it? Rolling Eyes), but got lazy.

OK, I edited the image. Thanks for the prod!
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thumright
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Techno Toys still rules! Your Seq-303 is much more powerful and musical than the sequencers in the NM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In http://electro-music.com/forum/post-26354.html an mp3 made with the granulator patch can be found.

Jan.
Sander_k

G2 patch files: 16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Techno Toys still rules! Your Seq-303 is much more powerful and musical than the sequencers in the NM.

I totally disagree.. seq-303 doesn't even come close Question
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sander_k wrote:
I totally disagree.. seq-303 doesn't even come close Question

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sander_k

G2 patch files: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's true Laughing i just couldn't resist letting it shine through too much
Some features of it would be really handy. The back&forth option and the random 'nervous' skipping through the sequence. And the easy 1/4 1/8 1/16 switch, not to forget the on/off for every step... ok ok it was good!!! Very Happy
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes and control of multiple controls, like volume, panning and whatever. Don't forget the banks of settings so you can varry the patterns in real time, either on the measure boundaries or asynchronously. Very Happy

I'm not biased just because the fellow who wrote it is a member here. Laughing

Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » FX
Jump to: