electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Don't now where this should be posted. Played a show pics
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Don't now where this should be posted. Played a show pics
Subject description: move if needed
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well got invited to open up for a friends band so got a few friends made sure we had enough cords practiced for 5 minutes and headed down to the show. We just did whatever our little hearts and fingers desired was a darn good time need to do it more often. A few pics someone took and a digi cam short vid. Just thought you might want to see the current rig. My speaker cab modular ( one panel left!!) MFOS Soundlab and Seq, Yamaha keyboard have to give back ahhhhhhhhhh. My buddies played some APC's I made and also had a patch set up with a tr 626, 808 style. Anyways hope to get some better pics of the current rig to show off. And get on that backlog. Many thanks to the whole synth DIY community wouldn't be out there having fun turning knobs if it wasn't for you!!! Take care happy synthin and don't forget to put down the iron and have some fun too, thats what I learned this weekend.

here's the vid link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12338382@N06/2686444086/

yeh sound man turn it up!!!!!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
yep thats me haha

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool!

(next time a longer video please Wink )

ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work. That MFOS Sequencer, particularly, came out beautifully. Reminds me a little of early green panel Roland stuff.
widdly

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds great. The backs to the audience thing is strange at first but once you see all the flashing led's it makes perfect sense.

Quality mustache too.

Last edited by widdly on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
synthmonger

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool beans!

P.S. Nice stache!
Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeh I figure better to see flashing lights than tops of heads and wood panels. Next time front views with a video camera projecting the action on a screen?? Thanks y'all
Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/09/binder-and-tim-and-john-part-1-synth.html

Here longer vids at youtube and Matrixsynth if'n you want to watch. There was a cool 808 patch but for some reason that part of the vid didn't transfer.

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey WZ, way to go man !!!!!! Funny though, I never saw performers sit with their back to the audience Very Happy An idea would be to sit looking forward and have mirrors behind you facing in such an angle so that all the cool gear can reflect towards the audience also. This way you get the best of both worlds. Your gear LED's flashing and handsome faces .......... Laughing

Bill
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Hey WZ, way to go man !!!!!! Funny though, I never saw performers sit with their back to the audience Very Happy

i did this from time to time. it's just because i think they want see me doing something? so they can see the laptops screen and the modular and all the gear, not just the rearview of the gear.
back in the 80ies, when i was younger, i always wanted to know what gear the keyboarders on stage used...

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
back in the 80ies, when i was younger, i always wanted to know what gear the keyboarders on stage used...

Yes, I can identify with that ... When Kraftwerk was on stage, I would try to see what gear they had been using. I saw them in Montreal in 2005 I think it was and wanted to see what they had behind those laptop display screens ......... Cool They had these keyboard consoles and all these controllers at their fingertips. Very compact and interesting setup. All four "KW" workstations were synchronized to each other via one of the computers as master clock.

Bill
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I can identify with that ... When Kraftwerk was on stage, I would try to see what gear they had been using. I saw them in Montreal in 2005 I think it was and wanted to see what they had behind those laptop display screens ......... Cool They had these keyboard consoles and all these controllers at their fingertips. Very compact and interesting setup. All four "KW" workstations were synchronized to each other via one of the computers as master clock.

Bill

yeah, kraftwerk! last time i saw them in concert was here in germany back in 1991. no laptops, just samplers IIRC.

i remember ralf leaving the stage and walking right through the audience, allowing some of us pushing the buttons on a DIY trigger module... that was kind of funny. so the audience was involved in creating the music - great idea. his comment through the microphone: "Seht Ihr? Jeder kann Musik machen!" (Do you see? Everyone can make some music!)

i still have the ticket:

Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo guys, thanks Yeh I figured why look at the back of a wood cabinet so I figured turn aroud ahh it was fun next time use a video camera and a screen?? Playing again soon but this time solo and hopefully some more expression not just letting patches run and fussing with a filter once in a while.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&Band_Show_ID=36297240&friendid=34437667

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: