electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
DO NOT DEAL WITH PLAN B / PETER GRENADER RIPPED OFF
Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
amnesia

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: DO NOT DEAL WITH PLAN B / PETER GRENADER RIPPED OFF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WE HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH KEPT THE COMPLAINTS TO MUFF WIGGLER FORUM ( where you will see at least 90 PAGES of complaints)

Plan B is basically not replying to any of it customers , have had broken promise after broken promise about modules being sent out when asked for tracking numbers NOTHING...

Personally I have waited near 5 months to have a module repaired/returned after being informed in Jan and Feb that the modules had been mailed out after I sent about 20 emails from Nov last year to now only to get an email from Peter stating what was going on and where was my module , no tracking number no email response etc etc etc

Peter owes Elby Design an ex Australian distributor thousands of dollars and there are many people who have bought direct to Plan B only to find modules being sold at Big City Music and not to the people who paid for them direct!

I use to be such a HUGE PLan B fan boy but after having modules arrive with no power cable between PCB, a module being returned a second time and the complete lack of respect he shows his customers that is it

I urge all of you to be very careful if you decide to deal with Peter G and PLan B ,,,In my eyes his company and name are mud!
amnesia

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Peter cant answer ANY of these questions.

You could have the decency and reply to your customers

Where are Scott and my repair modules we sent in November 2008 and not returned?
Why were we informed they had been sent out on 2 times and they werent?
Why do you owe Elby money and you wont pay him?
Why do people who pay you direct not have modules but you ship the same modules to BCM?
Why are you not giving tracking numbers
WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amnesia wrote:
Peter cant answer ANY of these questions.

...WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS

He does not answer because hes getting smarter

probably an attempt to let die out the complains..

20 or 30 ppl that are not happy is no problem, as long hes able to sell hes stuff its ok,thats what hes thinking
ix

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DO NOT DEAL WITH PLAN B / PETER GRENADER RIPPED OFF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think you will find he is already financially bankrupt and in the last throws of business.Its possibly not wise to buy from him on these grounds.What he has done to people and the contempt he has shown many online beggars belief and is shocking , I think personally he has gone slightly mad ( really , it happens and he has shown via many mails the mark of a madman and a serial liar and also someone in a very deep state of self denial , all are forms of madness !)I feel very sorry for him but also for his victims.He wont survive this.

I urge all of you to be very careful if you decide to deal with Peter G and PLan B ,,,In my eyes his company and name are mud![/quote]
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What was Plan A?
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
What was Plan A?

Running a successful business? Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
jksuperstar wrote:
What was Plan A?

Running a successful business? Shocked

It looks like it's time to move to a different Plan Exclamation

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa
phaedra

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm also a victim of Peter Grenaders Evil or Very Mad lies and promises (approx. 1.000 USD for prepaying the M32 and sent modules for repair, which never returned) and second the posting of amnesia.
It is really dangerous to give Plan B some money. Although the deal with BCM will work, the service from Plan B is really not existent, so it makes no sense to buy any Plan B stuff.
xpander

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
What was Plan A?

a Buchla.
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tought Wiard.
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now we have a second employee who is claiming Peter ripped them off...Oh what a lovely fellow is Peter
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-4907-0-105.html

Seriously the company should be called Plan C....we all know what the C stands for
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
DO NOT DEAL WITH PLAN B

Seems like sound advice. The evidence is more than convincing, but this is hardly a new problem? Plan B has been rather dysfuntional since the start of the company, not? I have recently had the chance to inspect six Plan B modules close up ( but the owner has asked me to promise not to say something that might identify him as he doesn´t want to get in trouble with PG ). Anyways, the build quality is shockingly messy. This is a "your first soldering project" and not something you would expect from a highly regarded module manufacturer. The designs themselves have a lot of promise, but I am not able to understand why anyone would want to pay good money for any of these modules ( like the ones I´ve seen and tested ).

I´m tempted to close this thread as the muffwiggler forum is handling it well already and kicking Peter Grenader ass here at electro-music.com is pointless as Peter Grenader is in way deeper in the mess than the guys who have been waiting for products or refunds. It would be nice to see Plan B snap back and deliver products as solid as what Roger Arrick and others are able to, but this is wishful thinking. Too bad. This shouldn´t have happened.

We have an older thread concerning some Plan B product issues. http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-22020.html
I think one of the posts has links to pictures of the modules.

Bottom line:

It seems like a very bad idea to buy Plan B modules, and the unfortunate ones who already own Plan B products are now stuck without any chance of getting their shit repaired. As the build quality is really bad (.. an understatement.. ) be prepared to service these things yourselves.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
droolmaster0

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Peter's intentions are not good. That's the problem. If you actually read the threads on Muff's forum, you can see how he has lied to people, has taken apart repairs to make new modules, and has attacked people for coming forward. I have experienced Peter first hand, and this is not someone who's intentions are good, but is just in a bit over his head. He is a liar and a thief. The fact that this isn't some get rich scheme doesn't mitigate the fact that he does these things.

elektro80 wrote:
Quote:
DO NOT DEAL WITH PLAN B

Seems like sound advice. The evidence is more than convincing, but this is hardly a new problem? Plan B has been slightly dysfuntional since the start of the company, not? I have recently had the chance to inspect six Plan B modules close up ( but the owner has asked me to promise not to say something that might identify him as he doesn´t want to get in trouble with PG ). Anyways, the build quality is nothing but amusingly messy. This is a "your first soldering project" and not something you would expect from a highly regarded module manufacturer. The designs themselves have a lot of promise, but I am not able to understand why anyone would want to pay good money for any of these modules ( like the ones I´ve seen and tested ). That being said, the "recent" development in Plan B land is just sad. I´m sure Mr. Grenader´s intentions are good, but this has obviously gone too far already.

I´m tempted to close this thread as the muffwiggler forum is handling it well already and kicking Peter Grenader ass here at electro-music.com is pointless as Peter Grenader is in way deeper in the mess than the guys who have been waiting for products or refunds. It would be nice to see Plan B snap back and deliver products as solid as what Roger Arrick and others are able to, but at the moment this seems like wishful thinking. Too bad. This shouldn´t have happened. Crying or Very sad

We have an older thread concerning some Plan B product issues. http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-22020.html
I think one of the posts has links to pictures of the modules.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

droolmaster0 wrote:
If you actually read the threads on Muff's forum, you can see how he has lied to people, has taken apart repairs to make new modules, and has attacked people for coming forward.

Yes, I´ve read the lot. It seems to me that Plan B effectively ceased to be quite some time ago.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soon Plan-PCB
abstraktor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi folks
As a newcomer to modular synth forums, but not to electronic music and all its shades, I'd like to give my impressions of the whole Plan B tragedy -apologies if this breaks ettiqutes. I certainly dont want to be responsible for setting off a repeat of what has happened on the muff wiggler threads by rattling anyone's cage or want to be accused of "trolling" (not too fond of goats anyway). - there are a lot of angry people out there (who have a right to be angry, of course), but having spent the last few hours reading up on the strange Mr. Grenader/PB saga a couple of things have been obvious:

Modular Synthesists are a passionate bunch and feel betrayed by PB, not just because he may have swindled customers, but because he has betrayed a trust and an ethos which is intrinsic to this strange passion for MAS. The fact that PB's designs and concepts are much admired rubs salt in the wounds for the folks that have been cheated -as well as for us (well, me anyway) who would like to have had some in our systems, but will certainly be unlikely to do so, given the state of things.
On the bright side, there does seem to be a mushrooming of small enthusiatic companies who are producing exciting new modules -but let's all hope that they dont use PB as a business model.

Yours Resignedly

Abstraktor
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to Abstraktor!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

abstraktor wrote:
Modular Synthesists are a passionate bunch and feel betrayed by PB, not just because he may have swindled customers, but because he has betrayed a trust and an ethos which is intrinsic to this strange passion for MAS. The fact that PB's designs and concepts are much admired rubs salt in the wounds for the folks that have been cheated -as well as for us (well, me anyway) who would like to have had some in our systems, but will certainly be unlikely to do so, given the state of things.
On the bright side, there does seem to be a mushrooming of small enthusiatic companies who are producing exciting new modules -but let's all hope that they dont use PB as a business model.

Yours Resignedly

Abstraktor

I think you made some good points here.

As for Plan B vs. the rest of the modular synth cottage industry, I think we can trust Herbert Spencer and his "Survival of the fittest".

scratch

Anyways, I´m half expecting that someone over at the muffwiggler forums will present Peter Grenader as proof for the non-existence of God. Shocked

Laughing
Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I´m closing this thread.

What we really need is reliable news regarding Plan B being back in business and doing well. In order for that to happen all the issues with the less than pleased customers must be resolved. Continuing this thread seems pointless.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
peterkadar

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I´m closing this thread.

What we really need is reliable news regarding Plan B being back in business and doing well. In order for that to happen all the issues with the less than pleased customers must be resolved. Continuing this thread seems pointless.

I agree to an extent, but I think it is valuable to keep it up because as a person interested in getting a modular system, I may not have heard about Plan B's drama in other forums like Muff Wiggler or whatever the name is.

I think it's important to let the thread stay because if it informs and protects people, and saves even one person from falling into the trap others seem to have fallen into, then I think it's worth it.

Hopefully, Plan B get their business straightened out one way or the other. In the meantime, an informed choice is the best we can hope for.
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

peterkadar wrote:
f it informs and protects people, and saves even one person from falling into the trap others seem to have fallen into, then I think it's worth it.

yes,we may not give this bastard other chances to continue his crappy buziness manipulating hes potential or actual buyers even more.
phaedra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was in the lucky state to pay my Model 32 by PayPal via my credit card, so I got my money back. But my modules, which I've sent for repair I will never see again. This bastard Peter Grenader lies and lies and lies...
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I´m closing this thread.

Okay. I thought you were closing this thread?? Confused

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 158
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's just do it, close it, that is.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, the thread over at muffwiggler´s is at:
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-4907.html

Seems like the latest news is something like:

PG:
Quote:
It's going to be difficult for me to ship this with a tracking number as funds are extremely limited.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Jump to: