electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
<on air> mosc Back on the air tonight - Twyndyllyngs
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Nomad not recognising Micro
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Nomad not recognising Micro
Subject description: new release
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cant get it to work. :/
(on the old claviaeditor everything works fine!)
i use macosx 10.4.11. (intel)
my midiinterface is recognised, but inside Nomad i cant get it to connect with my micro.
Everytime i push the "little yellow diamond" ("connect/disconnect"?)
i get this errorlog;

net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.SynthException: net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.MidiException: timeout: 10000ms (net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.SynthSettingsMessage) [error=-1001]
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.NordModular.connect(NordModular.java:411)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.NordModular.setConnected(NordModular.java:881)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.nomad.forms.SynthObjectForm.trySetConnectedState(SynthObjectForm.java:958)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.nomad.forms.SynthObjectForm$1$1.run(SynthObjectForm.java:599)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
Caused by: net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.MidiException: timeout: 10000ms (net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.SynthSettingsMessage) [error=-1001]
at net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.NmMessageAcceptor.waitForReply(NmMessageAcceptor.java:111)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.NordModular.connect(NordModular.java:400)
... 10 more
wesen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay, this could be for different reasons. First the obvious one, but if you get it to connect with clavia's editor, it's not gonna be it: have you checked the midi ports are connected correctly (in into out and out into in?) and checked that you selected the correct ports in nomad?

Then as next try with different adapter for java midi, there is mmj, plumstone or our own wrapper osxmidispi. I hope that helps. If that doesn't help, could you use the software called "Midi Monitor" to see what is happening on the MIDI port?

Regards, Manuel
nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi manuel, thanks for your reply!

wesen wrote:
okay, this could be for different reasons. First the obvious one, but if you get it to connect with clavia's editor, it's not gonna be it: have you checked the midi ports are connected correctly (in into out and out into in?) and checked that you selected the correct ports in nomad?

ports are correct, cause claviaeditor works perfectly.
ports inside nomad are same as in clavia's editor. the in- and out- are both named the same midiinterface as with clavia's. (there allso just one on my interface)

Quote:
Then as next try with different adapter for java midi, there is mmj, plumstone or our own wrapper osxmidispi. I hope that helps. If that doesn't help, could you use the software called "Midi Monitor" to see what is happening on the MIDI port?

Regards, Manuel

for clavias editor i used mandalonemidi2_05
when i downloaded nomad i allso put the midispi and otherone in my extensionfolder as stated.

i will try to find midi moitor now. just a sec. (i hope)
wesen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think clavia's editor doesn't need mandolane at all. Check maybe that only either mmj or osxmidispi is installed. If you get midi monitor to work, please check "sniff on destinations" and then connect, you should see sysex messages going out and coming in. Please tell me what you see in midi monitor Smile

Regards, Manuel
nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i removed mandolane.
and used midimonitor from Snoize.
there's constantly coming sysex into the computer.

15:04:51.134 From Ta Horng MIDI I/O SysEx Clavia 16 bytes

so deselected that and selected to spy on output to destinations.
when i try to connect to the micro in nomad it says

*** ZERO *** To Ta Horng MIDI I/O SysEx Clavia 8 bytes
*** ZERO *** To Ta Horng MIDI I/O SysEx Clavia 11 bytes
wesen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, apparently everything is setup fine, and a timeout means that communication has worked at least for a few messages. Have you removed all the stuff except osxmidispi in your java extensions folder? That should work. Also the Tahorng interface is exactly the one I use, it should work fine. We are going to integrate better logging support in the next versions so we have an easier way to go at this kind of bugs.
nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tried it again with different patch, without any sysex sending out all the time.

then it says this when trying to connect;

15:24:28.264 From Ta Horng MIDI I/O SysEx Clavia 12 bytes
*** ZERO *** To Ta Horng MIDI I/O SysEx Clavia 11 bytes
15:24:28.379 From Ta Horng MIDI I/O SysEx Clavia 42 bytes
15:24:28.498 From Ta Horng MIDI I/O SysEx Clavia 9 bytes
wesen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok that is pretty weird, I don't really know what's going on there, everything looks pretty much ok. Could you maybe give me the content of the messages as well (saving from Midi MOnitor)?

I'll get back to you when we have better logging so hopefully we can understand what's going on.
nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wesen wrote:
Have you removed all the stuff except osxmidispi in your java extensions folder? That should work.

well i allso have the libosxmidispi.jnilib in there.
wesen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes libosxmidispi.jnilib and osxmidispi.jar are ok Smile
nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cant get the .mmon file posted on this forum.
so this is a .png of the 6 seperate messages that turn up when trying to connect to the micro in nomad. top left to right.
dont know if this is of any help but ok.

i am afraid i am just forgetting something really silly.
there's no other way to try to connect to the micro is there?
in the clavia editor there is a midi-tab in the menu.

Afbeelding 3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  575.41 KB
 Viewed:  342 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Afbeelding 3.png

nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in the other topic there's a guy from cologne who has exactly the same errorlog with his keyboardversion in same macosx (10.4.11)
wesen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything looks perfect, it's not a problem on your part, but i guess something in nomad. I'll have a look and see if I can find it. I haven't spent much time with the MIDI side under MacOSX, as I was mostly working on the user interface.
nathan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok it's working! >>>put the clock on external instead of int. inside the synth.
only way i could do that was with the other editor. haha.

thanks a lot for your time Wesen!!
waveshell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Same error Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi I have the same error, slightly different error message...

net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.SynthException: net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.MidiException: Communication timed out: 1245260823106 [error=-1001]
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.NordModular.connect(NordModular.java:411)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.NordModular.setConnected(NordModular.java:881)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.nomad.forms.SynthObjectForm.trySetConnectedState(SynthObjectForm.java:958)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.nomad.forms.SynthObjectForm$1$1.run(SynthObjectForm.java:599)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
Caused by: net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.MidiException: Communication timed out: 1245260823106 [error=-1001]
at net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.NmProtocol.heartbeatImpl(NmProtocol.java:5Cool
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.NordModular$SchedulingProtocol.heartbeatImpl(NordModular.java:252)
at net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.AbstractNmProtocol.heartbeat(AbstractNmProtocol.java:154)
at net.sf.nmedit.jnmprotocol2.NmMessageAcceptor.waitForReply(NmMessageAcceptor.java:114)
at net.sf.nmedit.jsynth.clavia.nordmodular.NordModular.connect(NordModular.java:358)
... 10 more

Setting my micro modular's midi clock to external did not help.
Clavias editor work, however there is a serious memory leak in that editor and it swamps my RAM and races my CPU(s). This is the primary reason why I need to use Nomad.

My setup:
Mac Pro 8 core (early 2008)
OS X 1.5.7
Java 1.5.0_16-133
Micro Modular
ESI M8U XL (8x8 midi interface)

The 1st port on the ESI is connected to PC in/out on micro modular.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Jump to: