electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Metasonix
CV ranges for wretch?
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
erich

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: CV ranges for wretch? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a wretch machine and a control voltage converter on which I can adjust the voltage ranges coming out (guess most of them let you do that, don't know). I don't have the option to scale the pitch voltage to hz/volt, but I will not really be using the wretch in a way that I need to worry to much about what note is what, I'm assuming the only problem with this will be pitch issues, with no risk of any kind of damage to the wretch. This may be a stupid question, but I've been surprised by the fact that I could have damaged some modular gear with an assumption I made a while back and have been gun shy ever since. This stuff is expensive. Also, I see in the manual that the Squarer CV is "very insensitive" and you should send it a signal that varies for -10 to +10. I don't have this option, only -5 to +5, or 0 to 10. I'll make due with that for right now, but more importantly, what about the rest of the CV inputs? Since the Squarer is singled out as being "very insensitive" I'm guessing that for the other CV's would want to use the -5 to +5 option? Or the 0 to 10? Any advice would be appreciated, if I can just try all this out without any danger of frying something let me know. I wanted to ask about this first though, realizing I only avoided frying a cwejman module a while back has really scarred me. And it was not, in my view, a careless mistake either, just something very tricky about using doepfer power supplies with cwejman modules. Since then I've decided to ask dumb questions often.
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Metasonix
Jump to: