electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
synthcase and Randaleem is ***censored***
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
DrOctave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: synthcase and Randaleem is ***censored*** Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well in june I was looking for a case. I bump into randaleem on this forum and his great new company he was starting. We spoke I commisioned a Buchla inspired case that I was told would be finished and sent out two weeks after I prepay for it. So on june 29th I prepay 1000$ to this person on paypal to start the case design, as the week moved on I opted for cherry wood sides rather than plywood or mdf we came to the cost of 350$ for that upgrade. So as of july 6th I paid in total 1350$ and was told the case would be done befor july 15th. after emailing this individual weekly for an update on the case. After some time of hearing next week next week I was worried and sought out an opinion from someone else as if I was not being fair. As for the last 3 weeks I have been told it was finished then almost finished to now he is still finishing it. so that is the last straw. once you read all the email excuses I am sure you will understand why I suggest you try another company.

Hi DrOct!

I might be able to help you. Let's cover some details first?

Which style of rack? 6 Frames (Rails and ears only)? Or with Sides? How deep? PSUs? Distros?

For pricing, I'm matching Blacet. 79USD rows (Less if you want frames only) 99USD for each 120/240VAC 12/15vdc,800W PSU. For 6 rows you'll need 2 or 3 PSU's depending upon specific modules.
20USD distros (Distros have 5 connectors. Please specify type; Frac, Euro, AS, or ?.

Timeframe: 500 lbs. of FE rails are supposed to hit me one week from tomorrow. So you could order and pay now with the understanding that I will Ship by July 15, or before.

If this works for you, let me know!

Kind regards, Randal

Hi Wade,

Yes, a bit busy! But it's good.
Thank you for the message. I expect to ship your case end of next week or the first part of the following week. Once people see your case, I'll really be busy!

Kind regards, Randal

--- On Thu, 7/30/09,

Hi Wade,

No worries! You are no thorn! Yes, you will get a tracking number (for a sexy cherry case!) in the coming week!

--- On Thu, 8/6/09,

Hi Wade,

I took today *off* (first in a couple months) to recharge, relax and mostly to re-assess my current level of over-committedness.

So I went through my remaining orders, and replies...

I will still ship your case this coming week, but it will be later in the week for sure. I hope this will not be a problem. Let me know if it is?

Kind regards, Randal

--- On Thu, 8/6/09

Hi Wade,

Thank you for writing!

Why yes I DO have an idea when it will be done! I will be shipping your case to you this week! (I tightened the curve of the side at the top a bit from the pic I posted on my website.)

Kind regards, Randal

--- On Sun, 8/23/09

Hi Wade,

Your case will ship Wednesday! Finish needs some hardening time before packing. Didn't do anything specail with the side holes yet; figure we can address that after you've got it and have modules working again! Thankyou so much for your patience!

FWIW, I could build a table for it which exactly matches the wood? Not in a week though!<G>

Kind regards, Randal

--- On Thu, 9/3/09,

Hi Wade,

I thought your message said Mon/Tues? I understood that to mean, worst case, a tracking number by Tuesday sometime.

If I've missed it, and it appears I have? Then I will get you a refund within 7 days. I was going to need another 24 hours anyways, so let me know.

FWIW, I'll be updating yours and Lars blog tomorrow.

Either way, it would really help that I not get pulled into react-to-posts mode, and have to answer and spend my time calming nerves instead of making the cases. That's already happened a few times, and I can hosnestly say it doesn't help to get things out the door if I have to type. I'm late, for sure, but working dang hard to get all the ordered items out the door ASAP.

I know you're disappointed and frustrated, we should've sent you ghettoRACK and perhaps it would be different. (I Could still do that.)

But I'm asking from the bottom of my heart, please allow me to finish the work I'm doing and not have to be distracted with a lot of internet posting and damage control, which I am sure will happen if you post that you've cancelled your order.

You don't owe me anything, and I realise How it might feel to read this. But I'm asking for kindness, so I can finish the work I have to do.

Kind regards, Randal

I'm not ignoring the other part of your message, What's not done is minimal, the problem(s) I'm having are the result of some financing/investment which didn't happen in August. It will take a while to write all that up, so I'd prefer to just get the work done and share that all later!

Kind regards, Randal

--- On Mon, 9/14/09

Hi Wade,

I've been working on your case all night. I'm still working on it, but I'm not sure If I'll finish it and have it ready for shipping by the time the UPS, FedEX, and USPS close. Even if I do, there is an added issue for covering the shipping costs, since PayPal has again locked my account after you sent the request for payment/refund. I'm NOT saying that you caused the paypal limited access for me, because the account was just triggered by something, and they want more info from me, according to Paypal.

If I don't get it done today in time and if you can't give me any more time, please know that I WILL refund your money! You don't have to go to any special effort to get repaid. (I'm not saying I have it in hand at the moment either; I don't.) But I am saying that I will adhere to the federal mail order rule, so you don't have to "force" anything. If you "force" it, it makes it look like you *have to*, and my accounts get flagged with actions like the current paypal lock. Which reduces my ability to do things, because my money is locked up.

Obviously, I'd rather finish the case. Even if you can't wait, I'll finish it to sell. It's turning out nice. I hate having to rush it at the last days, but I understand. I should have sent you ghettoRACK and told you upfront it would take longer.

I am doing my best, but it looks like I may not make it, so I wanted to be upfront about it, and also mention that you don't have to *force* a refund, if that's what you end up wanting to have.

Enough typing! Got to get back to work!<G>

Kind regards, Randal

--- On Mon, 9/14/09

Hi Wade,

I've been working on your case all night. I'm still working on it, but I'm not sure If I'll finish it and have it ready for shipping by the time the UPS, FedEX, and USPS close. Even if I do, there is an added issue for covering the shipping costs, since PayPal has again locked my account after you sent the request for payment/refund. I'm NOT saying that you caused the paypal limited access for me, because the account was just triggered by something, and they want more info from me, according to Paypal.

If I don't get it done today in time and if you can't give me any more time, please know that I WILL refund your money! You don't have to go to any special effort to get repaid. (I'm not saying I have it in hand at the moment either; I don't.) But I am saying that I will adhere to the federal mail order rule, so you don't have to "force" anything. If you "force" it, it makes it look like you *have to*, and my accounts get flagged with actions like the current paypal lock. Which reduces my ability to do things, because my money is locked up.

Obviously, I'd rather finish the case. Even if you can't wait, I'll finish it to sell. It's turning out nice. I hate having to rush it at the last days, but I understand. I should have sent you ghettoRACK and told you upfront it would take longer.

I am doing my best, but it looks like I may not make it, so I wanted to be upfront about it, and also mention that you don't have to *force* a refund, if that's what you end up wanting to have.

Enough typing! Got to get back to work!<G>

Kind regards, Randal

--- On Mon, 9/14/09

here are the great responces i recieved for the 2 1/2 months i waited after i paid this man.. oh and lucky for me i paid threw paypal with a credit card or I would not be getting my 1350$ back.
Site Admin

Audio files: 156
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad you'll at least have your money back, $1350 for just a good post would have really hurt. I'm .. hmm ... liar or failure ... we've been having an issue here as well that looked remarkably like the synth case thing happening at Muff's place, let me just say that.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
we've been having an issue here as well that looked remarkably like the synth case thing happening at Muff's place, let me just say that.

Yes.

Anyways, as the contact information posted somewhere else is wrong..

For those interested in finding him:

Randal Milota / Randal Lee / Randal Lee Milota / ( and other names - like Ken Brand )

( also knowns as Randaleem and Ballendo ( from various CNC forums and lists ) )

.. known from ventures like Motivity USA, GeomCNC, CNCresource.com and GeomUSA
..is now running a company called Synthcase - http://www.synthcase.com

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
inform3r

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Glad you'll at least have your money back, $1350 for just a good post would have really hurt. I'm .. hmm ... liar or failure ... we've been having an issue here as well that looked remarkably like the synth case thing happening at Muff's place, let me just say that.

What happened at Muff's? This is the second time I've heard someone allude to it. Wade, sorry for the major hassle you went through! Some people really like to dump on a good thing now and again, i.e. Peter Grenader, Randal. At least the helpful and honest people still outnumber the liars, frauds and hypocrites.
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 156
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inform3r wrote:
What happened at Muff's?

Randal tried to run his "business" through that forum, just like he tried to do it here a good while ago.

DrOctave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he tried and has got many orders and untill I made this big stink I think he would have scammed people. But once this was put in the open his BS lies could not hold water and many people pressured him to do the work. Even if he is still lieing to people and giveing false ship dates that never come.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like Randal Milota has tipped himself into yet another tar pit there.

He really cannot allow himself to fail this time as he still has to pay the Motivity USA customers back their remaining approx. 60.000 USD and must follow the payment plan. It is a very good thing for Randal that he finally has managed to convince himself to build and ship cases. He needs to keep that up for the next 10 years or so.

Fact: he did spin a web of lies and he almost turned synthcase.com into yet another Motivity USA, GeomCNC, GeomUSA and CNCresource.com.
We´ll see. Hopefully, this time he won´t buy himself yet another ticket to the Atwater facility. It is just a matter of building cases and shipping them to customers.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My hat's off to you, Wade. You are a man who obviously knows no material thing is worth the price of one's dignity.

Well, all that glitters isn't gold
I know you've heard that story told
And I'm a pauper in a naked disguise
A millionaire through a business man's eyes
Oh friend of mine
Don't be denied

-Neil Young

DrOctave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
My hat's off to you, Wade. You are a man who obviously knows no material thing is worth the price of one's dignity.

Well, all that glitters isn't gold
I know you've heard that story told
And I'm a pauper in a naked disguise
A millionaire through a business man's eyes
Oh friend of mine
Don't be denied

-Neil Young

I like material things but i like honesty and trust worthy people more. I also understand ups and downs coz we all have been there before. But I mainly believe in Treat others how you want to be treated. Eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

Scott you are a great person not one time have you faltered in this bs you have stood ground along side of me and been a great support. You have seen the curtain being pulled around the great wizard and you helped me unveil the evil behind. I appreciate it even if the blind sheep do not.
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Randal is doing pretty fine with his production.
Not much worse as other boutique modular builders.

http://synthcase.com/blog/

Give the man a change this time.
DrOctave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
Randal is doing pretty fine with his production.
Not much worse as other boutique modular builders.

http://synthcase.com/blog/

Give the man a change this time.

dude I gave him ample time to make good with me I also gave him many chances to tell the truth and not lie. I don't care if Randal is your brother or dad HE IS A LIAR AND A BULL SHIT ARTIST. I am a musical artist and a glass blower I know bull shit when i step in it. I could give 2 shits about the cases Randal was forced to construct over the last 2 weeks since I made this post here and MW. This guy didn't have one fuckin case made when my post hit the fuckin internet. Now because of all the uproar he makes a few cases and I should stfu and give him a break. FUCK NO. He lied to me about everything for 2 1/2 months. If you want to hold his hand at the prom then feel free to kiss him at the end but i rather have my buisness and money go to a person that is not a fuckin liar.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wade, exactly.. the fact that Randal now feels forced to finally build those cases is a direct result of your posts, does not in any way excuse the silly lies. As for giving the guy a chance, well.. that is up to Randal himself.
The SDIY community is now perfectly aware of Randal Lee Milota´s many excellent adventures. Say, parallel to the QFG disaster, Randal was still also ( as always ) spinning his CNC projects. By approx. jan/feb 2008 customers had been waiting 9 months for his CNC tumbler reverse thingie. Rolling Eyes And the risks Randal are willing to take are sometimes close to playing russian roulette with an Uzi ( with a full clip). Like, if his PO, Thomas Brown, and Judge Shubb had actually been aware of Randal´s online trails of evidence during the period he absolutely weren´t supposed to mess with direct sales, pre-payments and such.. well.. then he probably would have been looking at a far more serious sentence.
So, the only guy who should consider to give Randal a chance is himself. Therapy is probably a really good idea.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Jump to: