electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Visual and Sonic Material, Wanted and Available
ReBirth - Drums, Bass & Acid loops (.aif)
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: ReBirth - Drums, Bass & Acid loops (.aif)
Subject description: An assortment of some of my old ReBirth music and audio exploration projects, exported for your use.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all.

I thought I'd share some of my old ReBirth projects loops with everyone. This will be my first (hopefully) decent contribution to the forum beyond just being here chattering about.

This is the first time I've put these out there for anyone to use, so I hope some of you find use for them. Please share with anyone who might make use of them. All I ask in return is that you gimme a hollar if you do use em so I can check out your work! Smile

A bit of history/backstory for those interested...
Sometime around 1998-99, I dove head first into Propellerhead Software's ReBirth demo and fell in love with it. I immediately purchased it, even though it was pricy and sort of out of my tiny budget. It was still way cheaper and easier to get access to than an actual Roland TB303. And honestly, it was just too cool to not get in on.

During the course of the next year or so, I started building groups of loops that I would integrate into some songs. Most of these never really were completed, and many were more brain farts than anything else. I am a firm believer in exploration without any real structure, so I just created with no concern how I would bring it all together, if at all.

Fast forward to about 2007-2008. At this point ReBirth has been decommissioned since 2005, and running it on a Mac required me to do so via VMWare. But, I had an itch to play with some ReBirth again, so I got it up and running again. I then mucked about with some of my old projects, reliving past fun, and thinking I should try to bring at least one of these together into an actual song. Unfortunately, I didn't get to that point, instead I just played around. At that point, I decided I should probably export all the loops out just in case ReBirth stops working. So, I spend some time going thru every project looking for the loops in each and exported them to AIF files.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was searching this forum for some info and thought to myself, "Hey self, why not share those rebirth loops you did?" Someone has to have a use for them, and if even just one gets used and enjoyed, the projects that were otherwise dead have new life thru someone else. So, I copied all the files to a thumb drive and brought them to work where I uploaded them. And viola... here you are, checking them out and reading my ramblings about them.

And here is the part you've been waiting for...
First, let me say this, this is all a big archive of stuff that mostly went nowhere, brain farts in the music world. I did try to organize it into project names, note that I tend to use odd names for everything. And within each, I named the loops for the project, then for what kind of loop it was (acid, bass or drum) and a number. Some of the names are "questionable" but I felt that the integrity of the original project was more important than offending someone with a word like "bitch". I hope noone is offended at any of the names, and instead you find them useful and maybe even integrate the original name somehow into what every music/audio project you are working on.

So, here are the links to all the files for the projects, exported into un-retouched AIF files. I did no edits, normalizing, looping, beat calculations, etc. I didn't know what kind of formats you'd want, so I figured you'd do any edits etc for your needs yourselves. I hope you enjoy, and please let me know if you do use these!

Update: I've started adding .loop files for each set of loops for use on the iPhone/iPod Touch app, Looptastic Producer. They are located in the same directories as the loops themselves. For those interested.

Project Names:
    anotherloser
    anothermotha
    branefunkshun
    chillywilly
    crackenstein
    freakmonkey
    funkloony
    getdownbitch
    gogospacemonkey
    grooveone
    jimmycrackedcorn
    jojopanic
    kindagroovy
    lickthecheesewell
    pow
    suckatron

alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

42 views and no comments? So they were that bad that no one wanted to even say "dood these are rank"? Very Happy
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When your files would be playable for me I'd listen a couple but the aifs don't open in my winamp.
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... I thought everyone could read AIFs? I'll have to convert everything. MP3?
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've updated the files to include MP3 versions as well, for those who want them.

I ran out of steam making the Looptastic Producer loop packs, so not every one is there. The ones that do have it, it will be named xxxxxx.loop.zip.

droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey man thanks for doing this. It's one of those posts I had read and meant to come back to to explore but got caught up with other stuff.

Cool thing to do though, cheers! Is it ok to use slices of sound as samples ?

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolutely. Use them how ever you wish.

I figured since I never really took any of them to fruition, I'd pass them along so someone else can.

I am thinking about zipping up the sets for easier DL too. On the larger sets especially, its a pain to listen then DL if you want it.

If anyone wants zipped sets, let me know.

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Visual and Sonic Material, Wanted and Available
Jump to: